Chapter 13

Devon's POV

"No. No. Absolutely not." Ashley stood up off the couch and moved away from Trin. "No." 

"Aw." Sighed Trin. Then she looked up at Tara. "Please?" 

Tara thought for a second. 

"What would I gain from this?" She asked, emphasizing the I. 

"Free dinners, free presents, spending time with me...." 

"Fine. Only because I like free dinners." 

"Nice." Trin nodded, and high-fived her friend. 

"So when do we start? When's the first free dinner?" 

I laughed, because this is going to be something I don't wanna miss. 

"We have to discuss it first. So not tonight." 

"What if you started a little bit tonight." Ash suggested. "Like comments or cuddling or something." 

"Well we all know the only thing Trin wants when Katie gets home is to snuggle." I said. "You almost asked, didn't you?" 

"Just because I might have doesn't mean you can bring it up or tease me about it." 

"Aww. Crush." Said Ash. 

Then the pizza got here, and Ash ran to the door. 

"Finally!!" She said happily as she opened the door. 

"Are you Ashley?" The guy asked as she took the pizzas. 

"I am in fact Ashley, and you are in fact adorable." 

I started laughing really loudly just to get on her nerves. The others laughed but not as loud.  

"Excuse my obnoxious friend." She said, and turned to us and mouthed "Fuck you!" 

She put the pizzas on the counter and went outside to talk to the guy. We got up to get some and I stood by the door listening but couldn't hear anything. 

Her greeting when she came back in 5 minutes later was very kind. 

"Devon you little slut!" 

"Love you too, Ash." 

-----------

Katie's POV

I walked into my apartment to my friends on the couch watching a movie. 

I dropped my keys and purse on the counter and kicked off my shoes. 

"Hey guys!" I said, shocked I didn't get a hi from them. 

Then I saw Trin come walking out of the bathroom, and she ran over to me. 

"KATES!" She said, happily, pulling me into a big hug. 

"Hey Trinny!" I couldn't be happier to see her. 

"How was your date?" 

"Dinner was good." I said. 

"What's wrong?" 

"I don't know. We just don't click as well as I had hoped. I really like him, but there's no click, you know? No spark. I feel like I have more chemistry with you Trin." 

Everybody looked over then, which was kind of weird. 

"So you'd rather date her than him?" Tara asked. 

"Not an appropriate question, Tara." Said Devon. 

"Well you don't have to think about this anymore. Don't think about him anymore. Go get-" 

"I'm gonna go on another date with him." I interrupted. 

"Why would you? You don't click!" Asked Dev. 

"Because I like him." 

They all sighed and looked at the TV. I didn't know if I said something wrong or not, but Ashley assured me I didn't. 

"That's okay." She said. "Just make sure that if it doesn't work out, don't lead him on and don't waste your time." 

Devon almost looked exasperatedly at her, and Ash just stayed focused on the movie. 

"Well as I was saying, go get changed so you can come watch with us!" Trin said happily, pushing me in the direction of our room. 

"Alright, alright!" I laughed, and did as she told me. 

"Right here, Katie!" She said happily when I came out of our room. 

I ran over and jumped into the spot, getting under the blanket with her ans moving up close. 

"You're so warm." I smiled as I cuddled into her. 

"You've mentioned." She laughed. 

I fell asleep very quickly, and woke up when Trinity woke me up and I went into our room, her behind me. 

"Why is it literally so freezing in here?" I asked, climbing into the bed. 

"I don't know. I just like it cold, I guess." 

I tried to fall back to sleep, but I was too cold. I almost went back outside to get another blanket, but as if she read my mind, Trin moved closer to me, andher stupid warm body heat made me warm. 

She was adorable, but I'm not gonna find myself catching feelings again. I can't do that again. I have Adley now. No feelings, Katie. 

Triple update because it's Trin's birthday! I'm so excited for the game later because players always play their best on their birthdays! Spirit is taking on Orlando Pride at 7:00 pm ET! Hope you all enjoyed!