Chapter 47

Kelley's POV

"I need to know what's going on. Come on." Sonnett said after sitting there for 10 minutes after all of the bridesmaids had ditched us. 

"I see Ashley over there." Hatchy said. "Let's go." 

The three of us stood up and walked over to the little bridesmaids intervention. 

Devon wasn't there anymore, just Tara, Ashley and Trinity. 

"You all seem to know what's going on." I said. "So please inform us." 

"I ruined the wedding!" Trinity sobbed. 

I looked at Sonnett, then at Hatchy, and both of them looked just as confused as I was. 

"Context?" Hatchy asked. 

"I can't contain my feelings!" She wailed. 

"Okay, okay. Calm down, Trin. It's gonna be okay. It's okay." Ashley said, pulling her friend into a hug. 

"I'm so lost!" Sonnett said, throwing her hands in the air. 

"Last night there was a little incident." Tara told us. 

"Incident?" 

"A little....how do I appropriately phrase this?" 

"Scandal." Trinity said. 

"Scandal, for lack of a better word. Of course it's not really one, because the public doesn't know about it." 

"Wait, you....you....that....with her?" I asked. 

"Bingo." Said Ashley. 

Hatchy, Sonnett and I all met each other's eyes. 

"Oh my." Hatchy said. 

"You owe me $20." I whispered to Sonnett.

"Bitch." She replied. 

"I feel like I'm not getting the whole story." Said Hatchy. 

----------

Ashley's POV

We finally calmed the wreck that was Devon down, and brought her back to the hotel, because obviously Katie wasn't coming back. It's been almost an hour. 

Trinity went back to the hotel and got changed and then just left. I have no idea where she went, but she was gone. Dev cried herself to sleep. It sounds sad but it was just excessive after 2 hours. 

Tara went out to look for Trin, so I had nothing to do except be in the hotel. 

I realized I left my wallet in Dev and Trin's room, so I went in quietly to grab it. 

I quietly walked across the room over bags and piles of things, and when I got to the dresser I accidentally knocked over Trinity's water bottle. 

Luckily it landed in a bag, so it didn't make a super loud noise. When I reached in to grab it, I got distracted by my hand wrapping around something else. 

I pulled out a ring box, with a note taped to it. 

Did Trinity steal Katie's ring for Adley?? I know she's the maid of honor but Dev had the ring. Did she give him a fake?

When I opened it, it was a beautiful diamond. The most beautiful one I've ever seen. So obviously not for Adley. 

So did she steal his ring for Katie? 

I have no idea why my brain went to stealing rings, but then I looked at the note, hoping for answers. 

Katie,
I've had this for a while. A few months. I thought you'd love it. I held onto it, holding out hope. But I want you to have it now, I don't want you to wear it but I don't wanna look at it anymore. If you read the papers, you'll know what I mean.
Love you lots, Trinity

I swear I stopped breathing. 

Then I realized I have to find the papers. 

I went through the rest of the bag, but it was all boring stuff. 

I put the water bottle back on the dresser, grabbed the ring and note and slipped out of the room, then headed back to mine to call Tara to come back. 

She came back as soon as possible, and burst into the room. 

"WHAT DID YOU FIND?" She asked, running over to my bed. 

I gave her the stuff, and she gasped. 

"I swear Katie's life is a TV show." Tara laughed. 

"And we're the characters!"I smiled. 

"We can't let her see this. She'll never be able to live with herself. I wouldn't be surprised if she's already on suicide watch." 

"That's scary. Don't say that." 

"Sorry." 

"I just want to know she's okay." I said sadly. "Have you talked to Kennedy?" 

"She said Katie went for a drive and never came back. She's out looking for her." 

"Oh this is not good." I buried my head in my hands. "I hate this." 

"It's gonna be okay Ash. There's not much we can do." 

"I wonder how Adley's doing." 

"I'll text around, see if anyone knows." Tara said, taking out her phone and laying down next to where I was sitting. I laid next to her.

"It's gonna be okay, right?" I asked quietly. 

"Of course Ash."