Chapter 15

Katie's POV

It was just a few hours before my debut that I saw Trinity Rodman and Tara McKeown kissing outside of the apartment. 

I have no idea if they saw me or not, but I went running in to Dev's room and hid under her covers. 

"Katie? I know you're...." She ripped the covers off of me.

"Hi." I said. 

"Hey. What's wrong?" 

"How long have Trin and Tara....." 

"Oh..." 

"Dev." 

"A few days? I'm not sure." 

"Oh." 

I was a little bit hurt, but I had no idea why. Actually I do, but I'm trying to convince myself that 1) I don't feel hurt and 2) I don't know why I would feel hurt. 

"Everything okay?" She asked. 

"Go them." 

"Alright babe. We have to leave soon so go grab your stuff." She said, walking away to grab her stuff. "Those two are driving together. It's just us today." 

"Okay." I jumped off her bed and went to my own room. 

Well now it feels kind of weird to sleep in the same bed as Trinity, even though the whole thing with Adley never affected what either of us thought, at least to my knowledge. 

I need to keep things going with Adley I guess. I'm not complaining though, I can do it. 

I texted him to tell me his schedule so we could have dinner again sometime. He said he's not free for a little while because he has a stretch of away games. I told him that was okay. He wished me luck at my game today and I wished him luck at his, then headed to the game with Dev. 

----------

I got in the game at the 67th minute, so I have 23 minutes to score a goal for Kelley. 

I missed the net when I thought about Adley, but hit it spot on with an absolute rocket when I thought about Trinity. Just because she's a soccer player and she hits rocket shots like that. 

So I scored the game winner in the 86th minute, putting us up 3-2. 

Trinity came sprinting over to me, and I sprinted at her because she gave me the assist. 

I jumped into her arms, and she spun me around and then squeezed me in a tight hug before the others got there. 

"Game winner babyyyyy!" Ash said, pulling me into a side hug. 

"Liked that goal, kiddo." Kelley said. 

"That shot was insane." Said Tara, patting me on the head. 

"NICE HIT, KATE THE GREAT!" Dev yelled from the bench, and I ran over to her to do our handshake. 

After the game, I was called over by one of the staff members I was friends with from my photography days. 

"There's a girl in the stands over there that has something important for you apparently. She didn't say who she was, she just found me and told me she really needed to see you." 

"Um, alright. Thanks." I said to him, and then I jogged in the direction he pointed. 

"KATIE!" I heard a familiar voice yell, and I whipped my head around, thinking I was hearing shit. 

But I wasn't. 

"KATIE MARIA CALLAHAN!" 

Shit. 

"Kennedy?" I asked as I went more in her direction. 

Then I spotted her. 

I went over to her, and the group of fans around her cheered. 

"Kennedy? What are you doing here?" I asked. I can't lie, I was super excited to see her. 

"I just moved into the area the other day. I also saw you signed....I followed your college career and now I'm here. You're a professional." 

"I missed you so much. Why'd you never text me?" I asked, my eyes filling with tears. 

"I was too scared." 

"About what?" 

"Listen, let's talk after okay? But here. I want you to have this." 

"What is it?" I asked, taking a white envelope with my name written on the outside. 

"An invitation." 

"Invitation?" 

"I'm having a little wedding anniversary party. Our ceremony got messed up last year." 

I ripped it open and sure enough it was an invitation. 

"Congrats!" I said happily. "I wish I could give you a hug but that's a little difficult." 

"You can after." 

"And listen, I would love to go. But I can't see mom and dad again." 

"Katie, they're not gonna be there." 

"Really?" I asked. 

"I'm long done with them." 

"Go you!" 

"Well not long...more like 3 months. But it feels like long. It's actually amazing." 

"Isn't it?" 

"Okay. Let's talk after you're done. I'll wait for you and we can get something to eat or whatever." She said. 

"Sounds good. You can come back to my apartment. I have 2 roommates but it's fine. They can leave us alone."