Lock and load

When Lily's eyes open again, she notices her hands wrapped in chains. She pulls her hand to herself, but slowly pulls back, feeling the metal chains rub against her hands.

Instead of thinking about escaping, she places her head against the stone wall of the cell, as if looking for some kind of closeness and warmth. But, unfortunately, it can't be done for long when the cell door opens and a girl with short black hair grabs her chains and says: "I brought you your last gift. Counting hours before your final death. Use them well, Liliana Elizabeth Ferecci."

Lily quietly bites her lip and trails behind Olga, staring at the rays of light from the window and murmurs, "I'll give you the last hours of my life."

They walk for a long time down the seemingly endless corridors until they finally stop at the door of an office.

Lily stares at that door. This door was not unfamiliar to her. After all, behind this door hid the most sinful members of the Genesis family - their family, the founder of the assassin empire.

And now that door was in front of her again. Only this time, the girl wasn't sure if she would return alive from behind that door.

She doesn't get to think much of it before her face is slammed against the dark table.

Lily feels a muffled moan slip over her lips and someone suddenly lifts her face and says, "Liliana Elizabeth Ferecci."

Lily pulls away from the girl and straightens up, saying calmly, "Nikita Nadege Genesis."

"What brings you to my empire in these dark times?" Nikita asks quietly, tapping her fingers on the table.

"There are rumors that you are giving me ultimatums regarding my survival. Or death," Lily answers without ever taking her eyes off the girl.

Nikita glares at the girl and Lily notices a small spark of fear flicker through the girl's eyes and waits for the girl to answer, her voice shaking slightly, "Then you've had some very useful informants."

"So you confirm it?" Lily asks, stepping closer to the girl.

"I wouldn't bet on your survival if I were you. Not when you face the army of my rightfully inherited empire. You would be at a definite disadvantage," says Nikita, standing under the window.

"I have 5 more hours," Lily replies.

"You will lose," replies Nikita.

"Maybe so. But that doesn't rule out the strategy launched by me and my allies." Lily answers with a barely-there shrug.

Nikita gives Lily a dull look and Lily says, "I respect you and the beginning of your journey. Building your empire....takes a lot of work, even more so keeping it alive. But what if your government were to start with the destruction of the world? Would it all be worth it?'

Nikita swallows quietly and Lily says, "Shadow, I understand this journey. In reality, I would walk that way if I was allowed to. I would build my empire. I would keep it growing my dynasty. Otherwise I wouldn't imagine it. Not without Kro by my side and you in my shadow, protecting those haunted by the shadows, weighing them down... until they are finally killed by the shadows. Because believe me, after all, it all happens. No matter what we try to do. We will always be slaves to the shadows."

"You are wrong. You will remain a slave to the shadows. I'm going to be the Queen of Shadows, even if it means the end of the world," replies Nikita, gesturing to Lily.

Lily nods to herself and lays down, while Snake grabs Lily around and throws her behind him, hissing, "Neither the shadows nor the chains of the rightful heir to the throne of Genesis will hold the ghost."