Reunion

Arriving in France, Shadow throws herself out of the car door and dives into the shadows.

It's midnight. Thus, it is expected that no one will move around the streets except the homeless and alcoholics and celebrants.

And assassins.

That would be the case at least every normal night. But today, Shadow doesn't have to hide in town.

But rather by the side.

When she receives the co-ordinates sent by Adrian, he notices the boy leaning against the wall of one of her parents' houses.

Adrian glares at her and says in a dark voice, "You're late."

"You didn't tell me when to come," Shadow replies.

"At least you're here," Adrian says with a sigh.

"The attacks in the world have intensified, and I've had to deal with more than half of your attacks, and that's your thanks?" Shadow asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Okay, I really owe you a little bit ..." Adrian tries to say, but stares at Shadow's angry calm look and says, "You said you were given a knife and a picture." Can I see them? "

"Assuming I'll get them back later," Shadow says, glaring at Adrian.

"Ah, come on, trust me," Adrian says, rolling his eyes.

Shadow barely sighs and hands Adrian a knife with a picture from her gloved hand, and Adrian sits on the half-ruined stairs and mutters, "How did you get this picture?"

Shadow raises an eyebrow questioningly and asks, "My picture?"

Adrian sighs quietly and says, "Do you remember ... When Ms. Waters first noticed this knife in your hand. You sat quietly by the window of our room and watched Olivia be taken home. And you were terribly sad and you grabbed a knife hidden under your pillow, trying to cut yourself, but I stopped you and .... "

"And in the process, you got a diagonal wound across your back." Shadow mutters even more quietly.

"Yes. You cut me. And my back ached all night, "says Adrian, lowering his head.

Shadow steps closer to the boy and whispers, "I had almost forgotten that ..."

"You were crying the whole night. And this little emotionless girl became a little girl crying on my shoulder who refused to leave my embrace for almost 3 days, "says Adrian.

"I guess it didn't happen again," Shadow muttered quietly.

"I tried to hide this knife from you all the time. But yet, you found it. And when I was taken to the Beaumonts, I stole it from you and hid it until I finally ... sold it to someone anonymous. "Adrian tries to explain.

"And I assume you knew that this knife had something to do with my family. And with me. With my past, which I have pursued for all eternity. And I had to lie for it. Kill, hide yourself ... "

"I'm sorry, Shadow ..." Adrian begins.

"And you still dare consider me your friend?" Shadow asks, turning her back on Adrian.

"I know you're upset, but maybe you know that I found a photographer who took all these pictures of you while we were in the orphanage. Thanks to Gabriel's help, I was able to identify him and I will be able to arrange a meeting with him, "says Adrian, trying to touch the girl's shoulder.

"How do I know you're not lying to me?" Shadow as she relaxes.

"That's why," Adrian says, lifting his sleeve and showing Shadow a small mark with a worn marker.

Shadow looks at Adrian's hand in amazement and asks, "Do you still have it?"

"Hey, don't blame me for keeping my promise to you," Adrian says quietly.

"How far are you taking me?" Shadow asks in his hand, looking for a dim sign.

"The end of the world of shadows and beyond. Exactly as promised. "Adrian replies, grabbing the girl around.

Shadow pulls away from the boy a little and starts walking quietly after the boy, suddenly asking, "Why did you agree to help me? After all, I am still your enemy. "

"Correction. Ever since Gabriel Beaumont made an ally with Lily Black, we are no longer enemies. We have never been enemies. Rivals, at best, but never enemies, "says Adrian, walking past the girl.

"Lily would say something else," Shadow replies, adjusting her clothes.

"You don't know that," Adrian says, looking around the corner from the house.

"You talk to me like you're my therapist," Shadow says, rolling her eyes.

"Trust people, Shadow. That's all I ask, "Adrian asks, looking into the girls' dark eyes.

Shadow looks at Adrian, who is kneeling in front of her, looking at her with a pleading look and trying to arouse any emotion in the girl.

Yes, the boy had always been right. The world had not always been her enemy, and in some places he had offered her opportunities that would not have reached the path she had now taken.

Killing, holding a knife, enduring pain, and many other factors in her life had begun to replace the pain that the orphanage had already offered her.

By overcoming the pain barrier, the girl achieved ecstasy, which eventually became an addiction in its own right, which in turn led to the girl's lifestyle.

And now...

Shadow had often thought about it. Her movements came to her unexpectedly naturally and with special aggression at times. As if she hadn't acquired it all, but it was coded for her.

But that would have been ridiculous!

Her parents had always lived a normal life like normal people. Because if she had been born to a mafia family somewhere, for example, she would still have been with them, not with Lily Black.

But the knife in the girl's hand and the picture hidden in her sleeve said something else.

Adrian looks at the girl and says, "We should go. She doesn't have a whole day. "

Shadow nods quietly and they continue to walk quietly as Shadow quietly asks, "Who else knows I'm here?"

"Trust me," Adrian says quietly.

Shadow sighs quietly and walks into a small house that is almost falling apart and looks around her body tensely, until suddenly a voice is heard from one corner of the room: "I've been waiting for you at Nikita Nadege Genesis."

"Okay, I'm in the wrong room," Shadow mutters as she turns around.

"Au contraire, Nadja. You've been waiting here for a long time, "says the man, turning Shadow over.

"No ... You are wrong. There's no way I can carry the title of Genesis. "Shadow tries to explain.

"Why not? Your father is carrying it, "he asks, shrugging.

"My father is ...?"

"Yes, your father is Kazmer Viktor Genesis," the man replies, nodding.