Epilogue

After a few weeks of being in Wendel and cold and suspicious looks, it slowly seems that Lev and the people related to him had started to merge with the other team members.

The ice among their own team members had also begun to melt slowly, and many of them sometimes dared to show their kind and benevolent behavior on the streets as well.

However, the same could not be said about the other residents of Wendel, between whom differences were emerging and the tension in the air.

Despite this tension, the relationships between the characters in our story seem to have become closer.

Shadow stands quietly by the door and stares at Than who is quietly working on his weapons and says, "I was afraid I'd never set foot in this Empire again."

Than looks up from his weapons and says, "Doesn't doubt cloud us all when we're forced to face a situation from which there seems to be no way out."

Shadow nods quietly and says, "I'm still glad you're willing to do things like this on my behalf."

"I did it on our behalf. And, of course, partly also on your behalf," Than answers with a smile.

Shadow looks down and asks, "Well? And how does it feel...? The two of us against the world?'

"Would you be willing to take that risk?" Than asks as he walks closer to Shadow.

Shadow bites her lip and whispers, "I am. But I have to tell you something."

Than nods cautiously, and Shadow says, "All this...our stuff...it still scares me. And maybe it will haunt me like this..."

"I understand you. But if you want, I'll tell you something," Than said, lifting the girl's chin.

"Such as?" Shadow whispers almost soundlessly.

"When I'm with you, only you... that fear doesn't seem so insurmountable anymore. Because I know I'm safer with you. And I hope that maybe you will with me too." Than answers, glancing at the window.

"It is," Shadow replies, glancing down at her stomach.

"What's the matter?" Than asks quietly.

"I want... I... I..." Shadow mutters, his lips trembling.

"Yes?" Than asks in a soft voice.

"I want to give myself to you. If of course you're willing to take me..." Shadow stutters quietly, exposing her shoulder.

Than looks at the girl inquisitively and then carefully presses his lips to hers and watches as Shadow carefully places one hand around the boy's neck and quietly slides closer to him.

"Tell me if I hurt you," Than says, pulling the girl closer to him.

"Hurt me, Than. I want to feel my body release itself from this pain. And replaces it with something new," says Shadow quietly.

And when pain joins the shadows and the hunters that hunt in them, it was known. People who had once covered their doubt with stories and self-deception were known to be exposed and their demons free to torment them.

Until the ghosts took them over. Because when the ghosts are raging, no one had a warm and cozy place to hide.

And that's how it had been, ever since the first ghost had established its dynasty.

But now it too was crumbling.

And Adrian, Alina, Electra, Irina, Hunter Than, Kro, Lev, Lily, Marc, Ruslan, Shadow, Snake and Vassili felt it through their bones.

Because that meant only one thing - Stella Storm Snakov had come home. And took the storm with it. And with the storm also the war, the opening of which was a grotesque bang in front of the eastern and western gates of the Wendel Empire.