Taking revenge

In the dark hours of the night, they arrive in Russia, and Scale gently shakes the girl's seat and says, "We've arrived."

Lily sleepily pulls herself up and watches as Scale walks over to the trunk and pushes the black figure out.

Lily carefully grabs her knife from the seat and quietly walks over to the trunk, rolling her eyes and says, "Why don't I wonder...?"

Adrian shrugs and says, "You said you couldn't win this war alone."

Lily huffs angrily and reaches out a hand towards the boy incontroversially and pulls him up tiredly and says, "We won't."

Adrian wipes himself clean and says, "So Russia?"

"Yes, Russia," Lily replies, starting to move.

Gunshots ring out in the distance and Adrian mutters, "And I thought ghosts were supposed to be more peaceful than the living."

Lily gives Adrian a mocking look and says, "Not when chaos feeds them. It's the same with the living."

Adrian nods his head in understanding and asks, "Explain to me what we do with the Snakov mafia?"

"I don't know what your plan is. But I have plans to end the tyranny of Genesis. And to end the war. After that... we shall see." Lily answers with a shrug.

"So we're going to break into Lev Sergeevich's fortress?" Adrian asks, crossing his arms over his chest and raising an eyebrow.

"Not quite. We're breaking into the Snakov mafia mansion, which Lev Sergeevich took over years ago," Lily answers, tilting her head to the side.

Adrian stands behind the girl and asks in a low voice: "And you are sure it will work?"

Lily sighs quietly and says with a slight uncertainty in her voice, "It has to."

Kro looks at Isis as she arrives from the catacombs and asks, "Was that really necessary?"

"He would have destroyed the whole world otherwise." Isis answers, shaking her head.

Kro growls venomously and waits for Isis to tilt her head towards Kro and ask bluntly, "What's so funny?"

"And that wasn't the whole point of it?" Kro asks gently.

"She could never have avenged them!" Isis hisses as she pulls her golden slip towards her and smooths her white skirt.

"Better her than you!" Kro grits out as he pushes Isis against the wall and stomps towards the dungeons.

As he walks down the stairs, he hears Isis angrily throw something on the floor, but the boy doesn't care. Isis had always been like this. And it might even have suited Genesis that way, but somehow they never saw fit.

Unsuspectingly, this always made Kro think of Lily.

To her blue eyes, her dark hair, her voice... the way she could ensnare a person in her webs with just a few words, her steady breaths....

Lily had never been directly considered a calm person by anyone. Looking at her, people saw her as more of a Shadow type. But Kro had never seen that. All that appeared before his eyes was a broken girl. A ghost, a specter that roamed the empty ruins, plotting to protect it. At any cost.

He knows Lily needs him. Even if the boy doesn't come back, Lily needs someone to hold on to. No matter how much she would try to deny it.

In the meantime, he quietly clicks the creaking link of the cell door and quietly steps inside, closing the door behind him.