My place is next to you?

Lev is standing quietly under the window when Than walks up to him and asks, "Are you waiting for something?"

Lev glances dully at Than and says, "Not that you care."

"All I can infer is the fact that you're pushing me away to protect me from something. For what? For you? Don't worry, I've been through it all," Than replies, sitting on the windowsill.

Lev sighs softly and says, "Have you ever been betrayed, Than?"

Than shrugs and says, "It doesn't bother me."

"How so?" Lev asks, frowning.

"Because I'm just telling myself that nobody cares what's going through a little black boy's mind. And no, it wouldn't change even if my skin color were white. Because people don't just care for the sake of caring. That's what loved ones and family and partners are for," says Than quietly.

"And Vitali? Who is he to you? He must mean something to you if you protect him like this," Lev asks, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I do not know. He doesn't really mean much to me. But we keep and protect each other against all odds." Than answers quietly.

"Does he trust you?" Lev asks, raising an eyebrow.

"If he didn't trust me, I'd probably be dead a long time ago. He is a good aimer. Both in knife fighting and gun shooting," Than answers with a smile.

"Sounds exactly like him," answers Lev, looking out the window.

Than nods quietly and says, "If you're going to wait for him here, you're wasting your time. He won't arrive soon."

Lev shakes his head and says, "There's a girl."

"A girl?" Than asks, frowning.

"Not in that sense. Her name is Alina. She is part of the same gang as Vitali," Lev explains quietly.

"What's wrong with him?" Than asks quietly.

"From the moment Vitali...Snake had to flee Russia, our clan began to disintegrate and many of us decided to go our separate ways. Ruslan and Irina went to war against the Romanian clans. And Vassili and Alina also disappeared with them," Lev continues quietly.

"But how did you find them again?" asks Than.

"It was not easy. I used methods I would never have used. I killed, tortured, destroyed, raised hell, and used every kind of brutality I could think of," says Lev, shaking his head tiredly.

"And did that help?" Than asks, smoothing his jacket.

"I did get them back. But there was discord between us for a long time," says Lev.

"Okay, but what does all this have to do with Alina? She is unlikely to be very excited about joining you," Than asks further.

"I can't even say it. Alina has always been a big mystery. But I actually get it. Her past has not been the brightest. She had a very difficult childhood," continues Lev quietly.

"I understand him. I too have had a difficult past," Than replies, looking into the dark night.

"I'm sorry, but I really don't care," mutters Lev, quietly taking out a smoke.

Than glares at Lev with a frown, and Lev pulls out a pack of smokes and asks, "Want one?"

"You should have asked that 2 months ago," Than replies with a grin.

"You stopped?" Lev asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Sounds like an accusation," Than replies with a grin.

"Why did you quit?" Lev asks.