Chapter78:Anxious

November 1st

"What are you doing here Maddie?" Cole asked as he closed the door behind her after she walked inside his house.

"We need to talk about yesterday and I know you don't want to talk about it but-"

"You know what I will tell you since you are so fucking urgent to know about everything." Cole said.

"Okay so Emily was my ex and let's just say things didn't go well I thought it would." Cole said.

"What happened?" Maddie asked.

The thoughts of Cole is telling his girlfriend about his ex is just one of the things that he didn't want to do at all.

"I got tired of her like I do in all of my- well she was being extra clingy and I found out that she was only with me for my money but when I broke up with her, she was so pissed about it." Cole said.

"Also she was my first time and to be honest it was horrible but I don't want to talk about that."

"Did she?"

"No she did not and if she did then I would have report her if society saw everyone equal but the real reason is that she was kinda horrible in bed and we were both drunk that night even though I wanted to do it with someone that I trust while being sober."

"Wow that was really harsh."

"Yeah it was but I am over it and besides at least I am with someone that I could trust."

"Cole can I ask you something?"

"Yeah sure what is it?" Cole asked.

"Are you tired of me?" Maddie questioned.

Cole chuckled. "No I am not babe."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah I am really sure." Cole said with a smile across his face that felt like it was forced.

************
Later on in the afternoon, Cole was at a bar drinking his heart out.

"And here I thought you would stop drinking." Julio said.

Cole rolled his eyes and was about to take one last sip of his drink but his uncle snatched it away from him.

"Come on really?" Cole asked.

"I am doing you a favor Cole and besides what happens to quitting?" Julio asked.

Cole sighed. "Well let's just say that I decided to treat myself."

"Treat yourself for what?"

"Look I don't know okay and what are you doing here?"

"Getting a drink and don't try to change the subject."

"I keep getting anxious about proposing to Maddie like I don't know if I want to do it or not."

"Cole let me tell you something and you better listen."

"Okay what is it?"

"Don't do it because you have seen what your relationship with Maddie looks like and do you want to spend the whole future with her and I mean Maddie is a nice girl but probably the not right person for you to marry."

"Yeah you are right."

"I don't hate on your relationship but do you only date white girls because I never seen you date anyone other than white people."

"I have dated other races uncle Julio and you know that but you also know I like to keep my relationships a secret."

"Okay and I am just asking because there is nothing wrong dating outside your race." Julio said.

"Yeah I know but to be honest you know that I don't care what other people think." Cole said.

"Yeah I know and besides let me take you home because you need to sober up."

"Uncle I am sober."

Julio chuckled and then rolled his eyes. "Yeah and I am a leprechaun that shit rainbow."

"Do you know that you are not that funny or good at being sarcastic at all."

"Cole it is not my fault that some people don't understand sarcasm which they need to." Julio said.

"You are not wrong about that."