Chapter7:Trouble in Paradise

"Girls are so hard to deal with like every time it is always an argument when we talk." Cole said as he grabbed the coffee and the pastries from the barista then sat down at the table with James.

"What happened now?" James said as he rolled eyes and took a bite of his bagel.

Cole took a huge bite of his blueberry muffin and then drank a half of his coffee before answering his brother's question. "I can't stand the arguments that me and Maddie have."

"Then break up with her."

"I can't." Cole sighed as he thought about the facts that he still like her but just can't see himself in a serious relationship with her and even in the future as well.

"Do you still care about her and love her?"

"Yeah I still do." He breathes sharply and looked around the coffee house.

" Really? because you sound like you don't."

"I really do."

"I don't believe you but if you say so then."

James's phone was ringing and he looked at the caller  i.d and went outside to take the call.

Cole thought about what he was doing in his life and thinking about things that he should had wish to regret but only thing that is on his mind right now if he could stop feeling this way.

Spencer came back and sat down in the table.

"Mom want us to come over for dinner today."

For what reason?"

"Nothing she just want a family dinner and besides I haven't seen her in a while."

"Okay."

***

"Are you sure it is not crooked?"

"Yes I am sure Lianni and why do you have this hideous painting?"

"Okay first of all the painting is not hideous and my grandmother gave to me as a gift."

"Well she should have burned it." Cole made sure the painting wasn't crooked and not planning not to fall from the wall.

He got up from the ladder and Lianni playfully smacked his arm while Cole laughed.

"I am  being serious Lia it look like a crime scene or a kid threw up on that shit."

"You are not wrong."

Cole's phone kept ringing and he declined the call

"Trouble in paradise?"

"No just a spam call"

"Really?"

"I wish." Cole rolled his eyes and puts his phone on silence.

"You guys broke up again?" Lianni said.

"No we just had a argument."

"Let me guess you were supposed to go on a date with her but you ditched?"

Cole looked at his friend with a confused look to figure  how she knows about that.

"What? I just guessed."

"Yeah that what happened but I did not ditch and I was just decided to go to a bar for a little awhile."

"You really do have a lot of problems."

"No shit Sherlock." Cole rolled his eyes and sat down on the brown couch which Lianni did the same as well.

"You have commitments issues so what is the point of being in one when you don't know if you really care about her."

"I do and I love her."

" Really because your body language shows otherwise."

"Okay you know what should I do?"

"Show her that you care and buy her flowers everyday."

"I don't know about that and besides I am not exactly boyfriend material."

"And you are not exactly a bad boy but yet you keep calling yourself that." Lianni said as she rolled her eyes and Cole laughed.

***

Cole lights up a cigarette and took two puffs out of it which the smoke filled the car. He was sitting in his car outside of his mom's home and thinking if he should go inside or not.

As much he love his mother, he really don't want to hear the thought of going to therapy but doesn't mind the fact she is worried about him which every parents is like. The thought of her seeing him dead one day from a overdose or anything really scare him a lot. 
He knows that she cares about him and his siblings a lot and would do anything to help them if they are feeling down but the thing is he knows that the things that he is doing is hurting her......

He can't change  who he is and also can't promise to stop being addicted things that might kill him even though he really want to die but he can't.

A knock on the window interrupted his train of thoughts and he rolled down the car window to see Marcus holding a skateboard who probably just came back from the skate park.

"Can I help you?"

"Yeah what are you doing in the driveway acting like you  are planning a murder?" Marcus said

"I am not and besides does mom let you go out by yourself?"

"No she doesn't but as long it is like five or six miles or blocks away then she will let me."

"Okay."

"So are you coming inside or what?"

"I will be right there.....just need to do something."

"Okay then." Cole watched Marcus entered the house and he took another puff of the cigarette before deciding to enter the house.