Chapter29: Who told You?

"Hey I got food." Cole said as he put the chipotle bag on the counter.

Spencer was so focused on his phone that he didn't notice that Cole said something.

Cole rolled his eyes and threw a burrito at him.

"Seriously what is wrong with you?"  Spencer said as he looked up from his phone.

"Are you still texting that girl?" Cole asked.

"No just a friend of mine." Spencer said as he poured hot sauce on his burrito and ate it.

"Really a friend?" Cole questioned as he chewed on his food.

"Yes, a friend." Spencer said. "So anyway, I heard that you are back with  Maddie." He also added.

"Who told you?" Cole asked as he rolled his eyes.

"Justin did and besides I am not surprised if anyone doesn't win this bet."

"Is there anyone that bet me and Maddie will still  be together forever."

"Nope not at all but some bet that you will break up with her and others bet that she will break up with you which I am expecting to happen."

Cole rolled his eyes and ate some of his fries.

"Whatever I really don't care anyway." Cole said.

"Why are you lying Cole?" Spencer asked.

"I am not."

Spencer scoffed. "Yeah right."

*****

Later in the afternoon, Cole was at his place with his sister, Madison after spending the day with her.

"Do you always get mad and defensive when someone talk about your dating life?" Madison asks.

"That is not true." Cole fired back.

Madison scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Oh really because if I tell you that you have the most unh-"

"Mads my relationship is fine and you should focus on yourself." Cole said.

"Oh I know I do but single life is better than being in a relationship." Madison said.

"Yeah true but you have horrible taste in guys."

"Ugh please don't remind me but anyway the girls you dated before were horrible as well too." 

"Yeah but there was one girl that I have dated before back in eleventh grade who I thought was the best girlfriend I had until I found out that she cheated on me and using me for money."

"What a bitch."

"Yeah I know but I could care less about her anyway and I mean our parents hated every girls that I dated even though I know that they pretended to like them."

"Do you think mom and dad like Maddie?" Madison asked.

"I think they did because of the age thing but then they just got used to her." Cole said knowing now that his mom probably doesn't like her cause of how their relationship is now. 

Flashback

Cole walked into the living room seeing his parent all cuddled up watching a movie  which made him to mentally roll his eyes in disgust.

"Hi Mom and Dad, there is something I need to tell you."

"Did you get in  any trouble?" Dad asked.

"No I haven't  but this is different from this and before I tell you, please be nice to her." Cole said.

"What is it Cole?" Mom said.

"I have a girlfriend and I want you guys to meet her."