Chapter12: An Manipulative Lying Asshole

"How do you know about that?" Cole asks

"I have sources." Gustavo said

"Of course you do." Cole said

Cole knows that the paparazzis are barely around him  a lot even though he hates them and the news slash the rumors just come and go like they always do.

"Let me tell you something about Roger Steele, he is not the right person you should work with and he is a manipulative person who only cares about the money and fame instead of caring about his artists." He said.

" And the people that he work with are never treated with respect, also we are better than him."

"Why do I feel like you are talking about yourself?"

"Please I am not and I am the opposite of him."

"So please think before you plan to sign to him and we could help you become the star  you want to be like you father was."

Gustavo walked away from him and left the diner . Coke drank his beer in silence and chuckled to himself  knowing what a manipulative lying asshole that Gustavo is.

****
Flashback to yesterday after the cookout

Cole walked into a police station and walked to the front desk.

The police station reminds him of the memories of him spending the nights or months in jail.

"How may I help you or are you here to visit someone?" The desk sergeant asks.

"I need to see Detective Madrigal." He said.

"What is the reason for your visit?" She said.

"Some personal stuffs so is he here or not?" Cole said.

A man with short dark black hair and a  black goatee wearing a dark black suit while holding a briefcase on one hand and the coffee with  his other hand walked inside the station.

He was talking to an police officer about something.

"Detective, there is someone that want to see you." The desk sergeant said.

"Who?"Milagro asked

"Him." The desk sergeant said as she pointed at Cole  who mentally rolled his eyes.

"Okay Cole what is it?" He said.

"I have this friend who she, her brother and mom are getting abused by their father but they tried to call the police on him which always backfired because he will lie and they would believe him." Cole said

"Does this friend have evidence and proof about the abuse?" He said

"Yes."

"And the cops didn't believe them?" Milagro asked

"Yeah that's what my gir- friend told me and he was pathological liar." Cole said as he quickly said friend instead of girlfriend even though his uncle can sense who he is talking about.

"Interesting well I need your 'friend' to come talk to me with more details about this which I would might launch investigation on it and I am willing to help if I have more evidence."

"Okay I will tell her."

"Just one question have you witnessed the abuse before?"

"Yeah like a long time ago but she said that she had it under control and didn't want me to get involved in it but I don't really want to see her hurt anymore because I lov- I mean she is my friend." Cole said

"Mhm well give your girlfriend my number so we could talk about this."

"I never mentioned an girlfriend." Cole said

***
Flashback Ended

Later on in the afternoon, Cole walked into a huge building and saw Roger Steele talking to one of his artists in the lobby.

"Hey Roger can I talk to you for a second?"Cole said as he walked toward them.