Chapter 83

"Hey, can I spend the night at your place?" Purpled asked us, and I smiled and nodded. "Sure!" Ender said. I looked down at Benson, who looked up at me and smiled as he quacked happily. I smiled and pet his head gently. "So do you guys want to patrol or go back home?" Tommy asked us. "Patrol." We all said in unison. Tommy grinned and nodded.

    "Wait how are we going to do this...? Bee can't jump across rooftops..." Ender muttered worriedly, and I rolled my eyes and grinned. "Allow me to exhibit my fine invention." I said, then looked down at Benson. "Who wants to hold Benson for me?" I asked, and they all backed away immediately. I rolled my eyes. "Come on, really? He's harmless!" I said as I pet Benson.

    "He's saying that right after he told us Benson can kill us." Tommy muttered to Ender and Purpled, and I frowned. "He's a cute duck! He won't hurt you unless you hurt him, I swear!" I said and looked down at Benson. He seemed a bit... hurt. My eyes softened. "Aww, it's ok!" I mumbled to him as I cuddled him, and he seemed happier after that. "You know what, all of you are mean. How could you hurt a cute duck's feelings? Especially Benson." I said, then tucked Benson securely into a pocket at the front of my shirt. Earlier I had cut small holes at the front of my pocket so Benson could see from the pocket.

    Everybody let out a sigh of relief once I made sure Benson was secure, and I frowned and rolled my eyes. I then stepped forward and spun around so I was facing them. I did a dramatic bow, and then clicked a button which was on my backpack. Immediately, a pair of robotic wings sprung out of my backpack and spread until they were around five feet wide each. I saw everybody's eyes widen in shock. I grinned, then pulled out a small remote. I clicked and held another button, and then launched into the air. I let go of the button a second later, and I was now hovering four feet above the ground.

    Everybody's jaws dropped as they watched me hover in the air. "B-Bee I knew you were good at this stuff, but not this good?!" Ender sputtered in shock. I grinned. "Benson helped me a lot!" I said proudly, and Benson quacked in agreement. "You know what, I change my mind about Benson. Benson is a very pog duck." Tommy says, and Benson quacks happily from his spot in my pocket. I descend back to the ground and grin. "Would you want to hold him?" I asked Tommy, and he nodded and returned the grin.

    I gently took Benson out of my pocket and handed him to Tommy. Tommy smiled and pet Benson happily. Benson quacked happily and nuzzled Tommy's hand. Purpled and Ender looked at each other in fear. "He's got Tommy!" Purpled muttered to Ender, who nodded. "What do we do?!!?" Ender muttered back and Tommy turned to them angrily. "For your information, Benson is a very pogchamp duck. And I think I could get him to do something to Phantom... God, I hate that prick-" Tommy muttered as a glint shone in his eyes. I nodded after a while. "I actually think that could be possible..." I muttered as I thought about the materials I still had.

    "Well, we should continue patrolling, right?" Ender said as he looked from me to Tommy. "Yeah!" Purpled said, then started walking. I nodded, then looked at Tommy, who was having a moment with Benson. "Do you want to keep him for this patrol or do you want to give him back?" I asked, and then Tommy thought for a while. "My pocket is full currently, so I can't." He said, a bit sad. He gave one last pat to Benson, then gave him back.

    A while later, the four of us were passing an alley when we saw a small boy who looked a bit scared. Tommy approached the boy with a smile. "Hey! How are you?" Tommy asked the boy, who looked up at him. He had ginger hair, orange-brown eyes, and a fluffy tail which matched his hair colour. "I'm... good." The boy said. He seemed a bit... scared. "I won't hurt you, ok?" Tommy said with a smile, and the boy nodded.

&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&

    The boy looked up at Tommy with a hint of fear in his eyes. "I won't hurt you, ok?" Tommy said with a smile, and the boy nodded. "Who are you?" The boy asked. "I'm TommyInnit, this is Bee, that's Ender, and that's Purpled!" Tommy said, pointing to everyone as he introduced them. The boy nodded and smiled a bit.

    "Fundy, where are you?" A woman's voice said as the woman emerged from the shadows, and the fear in the boy's eyes, who's name was apparently Fundy, grew. "H-here!" Fundy said, and the woman nodded. The woman had red hair which flowed down her back, kind of like waves, and green eyes. The woman nodded and smiled, but Tommy could see it was fake. "Well, who are you?" She asked, her voice sickeningly sweet.

    "TommyInnit." Tommy said, and she nodded. "Well, it was nice meeting you. Fundy tell the nice man goodbye." The woman said as she grabbed Fundy's hand tightly. Fundy now looked scared out of his mind. "B-Bye!" He said, and the woman smiled. She said bye to everyone and then tugged on Fundy's arm as she left. But before she left, Fundy looked back at Tommy and signed something with his hands.

    Tommy soon realized he was speaking sign language and nodded as they turned a corner and were out of his sight. Then he made the same motions with his hands as he tried to think about what the signs meant, and then his eyes widened in realization as he said the words out loud.

"Help me."