Chapter 34

I looked at Timothy. He looked so... formal, which was weird, considering how usually Timothy was casual in both his clothing and conversations. "Let's begin, shall we?" I said, smiling at him warmly, trying to lessen the tension in the room. "He seems... nervous and tense." I thought as I looked at the boy who nodded.

&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&

    "What attracted you to apply for this position?" Phantom asked Tommy, and Tommy started to panic. "I can't tell him that I didn't willingly apply for this position!" Tommy frantically thought as he tried to find a reason. "What if I tell him that I'm doing it to support my friends?" Tommy thought, then an idea popped into his mind.

    "I've been drawn to heroes since I was a kid. I admire how they help people, and I've always wanted to help them. Also, one of my best friends is can't get off his bed, due to him being so sick, and he also loves heroes. When he heard about this position, he begged me to go apply for it, and I didn't want to let him down, plus I've always wanted to help heroes, so I came to apply." Tommy said as he looked down at his shoes.

    He had tried to make the other feel pity for him. He hated other people pitying him, but he needed this job. He had to do his best to stop from gagging as he said how much he loved heroes, which was very difficult. He looked up to see Phantom looking at him, and it seemed as if his plan had worked. Phantom seemed to have a pitying look in his eyes as he looked at Tommy.

&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&

    I looked at Timothy, who actually seemed quite sad. I started to pity him, but then I realized something didn't add up. At the cafe, he seemed to hate heroes, but now he seemed to love heroes. I figured that he was probably saying it to get the job, so I ignored the thought and turned to him with a smile. "Ok, well what district do you live in?" I asked the tense boy, and his shoulders seemed to relax a bit.

    "I live in District 17, one of the lower districts in the city." Timothy said. "Ok, what's your first and last name?" I asked him as I noted something down in my notepad. "It's Timothy Simons." He said after a while. "Ok!" I said as I also noted it down. 

    "Suppose that you are in a scenario where an apartment is on fire. There is are people in the building, and one of the people is a person who is very important and has some very important files. What will you do?" I say, twirling my pen in my hands.

&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&

    "What will you do?" Phantom asked Tommy. Tommy started to picture a scenario like that one in his head. The apartment on fire was his apartment, and the person with important files was Tubbo. After a while, he gave his answer.

    "First, I would get the important person and the files to safety. Then, I would save as many people as I could who were in the apartment." Tommy answered carefully, and Phantom seemed impressed. After a few more questions, Tommy was done. After saying goodbye to Phantom, he left the headquarters.

With a small smile, Tommy headed back towards the train station.