Chapter 42

Tommy dodged a punch while his eyes were blown wide with horror. He quickly turned around and leapt off the roof and ran as fast as he could. When he looked back, he saw Phantom right behind him and he let out a small scream and continued to run as fast as his legs could carry him.

    He looked behind him again ad saw that a few tears were flowing down Phantom's translucent face. "Tears!?!" Tommy thought, shocked. "Aren't tears harmful to ghosts though?" Tommy thought as he stopped running for a split second, then realized where he was and continued to run.

&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&

    I stared in hatred as I saw the vigilante running away from me with wide shocked eyes. I shook my head and I saw the boy with horns running away, and my breath got caught in my throat. "H-how?" I asked quietly as I started to run after the boy with horns. "No, it's not him, it can't possibly be him. You're hallucinating Phantom, snap out of it." I muttered as I shook my head furiously.

    I let out a sigh of relief once I saw that all I saw was a boy with a red hoodie pulled over his head. I smirked and started to run faster. Ever since the incident happened, I had a burning hatred for vigilantes and villains. The person who was so special to me, even more special to me than my own dad and brother, had turned around and stabbed me in my back.

    Sometimes all I think about is him. Sometimes, I like to think that he was pressured into doing it, and he never wanted to be a villain or harm anyone. Sometimes, I thought that maybe it was my fault. If maybe I wasn't so selfish, then maybe he would have stayed. If I had stepped out of the spotlight for once, maybe if I had let him be the one to take the interviews, maybe if I had let him talk to Ph1LzA and Blade more, he wouldn't have made that decision.

    That terrible decision. The decision that changed my life. The decision that made me never be able to look at a vigilante in the same way in my life ever again. I snapped out of my trance and got an idea. A grinned, certain that I would catch this brat once and for all.

    I became invisible, and went under the roof and flew in the air. I flew as fast as I could to get ahead of the vigilante, and soon I was ahead of him. I grinned and I became visible again and I could see the terrified look on his face. "W-Why are you doing this?!" He asked me, the look of fear very visible on his face.

    "Why am I doing this?!" I said as I let out a laugh. Part of the laugh was a bit angry and bitter, but most of the laugh was sad. "Well, long story short, my best friend, the person I cared the most for in this entire world, the person who I could have done anything for, turned and stabbed me in the back and changed from a vigilante to a villain. That was the day my heart was completely broken. I'm doing this so there are no more chances of stupid vigilantes like you becoming the next supervillain." I said bitterly as the tears left behind burn marks on my skin.

    "So just think of it as me saving the world." I said with a smile which was both sad and angry as I lunged toward the boy. The boy quickly dodged with fear and a hint of pitying sadness in his eyes, but then he quickly grabbed something from a belt around his waist and threw something on the floor.

Instantly, everything was covered in a large cloud of red glitter.