Chapter 26

After Tommy let himself in the cafe and turned the lights on, the kids' mouths dropped. They had entered through the back door of the cafe, and from this view, they could see the cakes and muffins that were on display by the cash register. The kids immediately looked up to Tommy, and they seemed to be asking if they could go closer.

    Tommy laughed and nodded, and they both rushed to get a closer look at the food. Tommy came up behind them and smiled at the look of awe and amazement on their faces. "You know, all you have to do is ask, and I'll get you anything you want." Tommy said with a warm smile.

    The kids took a minute longer, then they both decided. "Can I have this one please?" Finley asked, pointing towards a slice of chocolate cake. "And can I please have this one mister?" Junior asked, pointing towards a large chocolate muffin. Tommy smiled and opened up the glass cabinet to pull them out. As he was about to pull them out, someone interrupted him.

    "Hey Tommy, what are you doing?" someone said from the back door. Tommy quickly turned and let out a sigh of relief once he saw who it was. "Hey Bad, I was just giving these kids some food." Tommy said. After explaining to Bad, Bad extended his arms. "Come here you little muffins." Bad said warmly as he bent down a bit to catch the two kids in his arms.

    "Hey, Tommy! Hey Bad!" Niki said as she walked into the cafe. "And who are you two?" Niki said as she bent down and booped both of the kids on their noses. Both of the kids giggled and told Niki their names. "I'm Finley, and this is Junior!" Finley cheerfully said. "Well, nice to meet you, Finley and Junior!" Niki said, then she turned to Tommy.

    "Tommy, don't give them those! Those aren't fresh." Niki said as she motioned to the muffin and the cake slice in Tommy's hands. "I'll make them some fresh food, and Tommy, come with me." Niki said as she headed towards the kitchen.

    Tommy followed Niki to the kitchen, and Niki started taking out ingredients for the cake and muffins. "Niki, when I'm in the bakery and when Liam's around, please call me Timothy instead, ok?" Tommy said as he got out a whisk, or a stir stick, as Ranboo had once said when he tried to make a cake in the bakery, and a large bowl.

    Niki frowned a bit. "Ok, but why, is something wrong?" Niki said, concern clearly showing in her voice. "No, it's not that, it's just that I don't trust him and there's something off about him." Tommy said as he watched Niki mix the batter. "What do you mean?" Niki asked, clearly confused. "Well, he seems to be really close to Ph1lzA and Blade, and he seemed surprised when I told him about my opinion on heroes." Tommy said as he rolled his eyes at the end.

    "Wait, but he seems to be close to Ph1lzA and Blade, right?" Niki asked as she got ready to put the batter in the oven. "Yeah?" Tommy said. "Then use him! The heroes seem to be caring about you for some reason, so all you have to do is get close to Liam. After that happens, you'll be close to the heroes, so you can spy on them, which will make us one step ahead!" Niki pointed out excitedly.

    "You know, that's actually a good idea!" Tommy said. "Anyways, after the kids leave, you can take the mask off, then work for an hour, go back to get ready, then use the train or bus to get to the headquarters." Niki said, explaining the plan to Tommy as she put the pan in the oven. Tommy nodded, and looked at Bad, who was handling the kids very well, and the kids seemed to like him a lot.

    "Got it boss!" Tommy said while doing a two-finger salute. Niki just laughed as she put the muffins in the oven. "How are Ranboo and Tubbo?" Niki asked. Tommy sighed. "Tubbo pretended to be a fish, so he won't be able to get off his bed for another month, and Ranboo is fine." Tommy said as Niki laughed.

    "Hey kids, the food is ready!" Niki said as she pulled the cake and muffins out of the oven. The faces of the kids seemed to brighten, and they rushed to the kitchen. "Thank you!" they both said as they took a bite out of their food. After eating and thanking Niki and Tommy, the kids left, and Tommy took off and pocketed his mask. "Hey Niki, what's the time?" Tommy asked.

    "Oh, it's 7:58 AM." Niki said as she washed her hands. "Huh, it's been 2 hours already." Tommy thought. "Well, I'll go switch the sign to open." Tommy said as he waved Niki goodbye. As Tommy made his way to the cafe doors, Liam came in. "Oh, hey Timothy!" Liam said cheerfully. "Hey Liam." Tommy said as he flipped the sign on the window to "OPEN".

    "How are you?" Liam asked as he made his way to the drinks station with Tommy. "I'm good, how about you?" Tommy asked as he prepped the blenders. "I'm doing great!" Liam said enthusiastically.

&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&

    I walked into the cafe and saw Timothy switching the sign. I wondered if he had gone home before he came here. "Oh, hey Timothy!" I said cheerfully, wondering if me saving him had affected his mood. "Hey Liam." Timothy said as he made his way to the drinks station with me.

    He prepped the blenders and got out the main ingredients. "So, I heard that the Heroes Headquarters were looking for a new assistant!" I said as I mimicked Timothy's actions in an attempt to help. "Yeah, I heard." Timothy said. "So, are you going to go there for an interview?" I asked, and what he said next shocked me.

"Yeah, I am."