Chapter 25

Tommy scoffed at the memory of the heroes but smiled once he remembered the look of shock on their faces once they saw Quackity. "They looked so shocked!!" Tommy thought as he laughed slightly. He made his way to his apartment and heard something in the alley near him. "I swear to God if somebody else tries to kidnap me-" Tommy thought as he turned to look at the alley. He was met with something completely different.

    It was someone trying to take something from a kid. The kid seemed to be around 8 or 9, and the kid was holding a box of cookies. They were arguing over it and the other person seemed to be getting angry. Tommy sneaked closer to get a better view, and when he became very close to the two, the other person lifted their hand and quickly brought it down.

    Tommy immediately stepped in and grabbed the other person's hand. It was a woman who seemed to be in her late 50s. "What is going on?" Tommy asked as he turned to the kid. The kid immediately looked towards the ground. "M-me and m-my sister didn't h-have a-any f-food so I t-took some from h-her st-store." The kid stammered, still looking towards the ground, tears filling his eyes.

    Tommy's heart ached for the little boy, so he crouched down to the boy's height and made him look at him. "Hey kid, it's ok!" Tommy said, patting the boy's head in an attempt to make him calm down because the boy had started crying. He pulled the boy in for a tight hug, and he patted the boy's head. "It'll be ok." Tommy said in a quiet voice. He stood up, and immediately pulled the boy to the side as the lady's hand came down where Tommy and the boy had been a second ago.

    "HEY, WHAT DID YOU DO THAT FOR?!" Tommy asked the lady, while the boy hid behind him. "HE STOLE MY COOKIES! HE SHOULD HAVE PAID BEFORE HE TOOK THEM!" The lady yelled as she tried to get behind Tommy, but Tommy blocked her. "Miss, do you really think anybody in this district has enough money to buy your expensive cookies? And even if anybody did have enough money, they wouldn't even come near your bakery because your cookies taste like trash." Tommy said while giving her a death stare.

    "EXCUSE ME!?!? MY COOKIES ARE VEGAN, WHICH IS BETTER FOR THE ENVIRONMENT, THE ANIMALS, AND YOU!" The lady yelled as she tried to hit Tommy, but Tommy dodged. "Ugh, what a Karen." Tommy mumbled. "Maybe that's why they taste like trash!" Tommy yelled as he started to leave the alley. "EXCUSE ME, WHAT?! GET BACK HERE!" The Karen yelled as she started to run behind Tommy.

    "Ok kid, listen to me. Hold my hand tight, don't let go, and run as fast as you can." Tommy said as the kid nodded. They both started running as fast as they could, and Tommy took the box of cookies from the kid. He threw the box at the Karen as they turned a corner and hid behind a wall.  Tommy peeked around the corner to see the Karen knocked out and on the street.

    The box had hit the Karen straight in her face. Tommy scoffed and turned to the kid who looked sad. "That was the only food I had sir." The kid said sadly. Tommy rolled his eyes. "Kid, that wasn't food. That was complete trash." Tommy said as he patted the boy's head. "C'mon, I'll take you to somewhere that has real food." Tommy said as he took the boy's hand.

    As they were walking, Tommy realized he had never gotten the boy's name. "Hey, what's your name?" Tommy asked the boy. "I'm Junior, and my sister's name is Finley!" The kid said cheerfully. Tommy laughed a little at the kid's excitement. "Hey, mister?" Junior asked, tugging on Tommy's hand. "Yeah?" Tommy asked, turning his head to look at the small boy. "Can my sister come too please?" The boy asked hopefully.

    Tommy laughed. "Of course, she can kid!" Tommy said with a smile. "Ok! Wait here please!" The boy said with a grin. The boy soon came back with a girl who seemed to be the same age as him. "Hey! Your name is Finley, right?" Tommy said as he squatted down to the girl's level. The girl let out a giggle and nodded. "Great! Follow me!" Tommy said as both of the kids took their hand. After a while of walking, Tommy led them to another bakery.

Niki & Bad's Cafe.