Chapter 35

As soon as Tommy plopped down in Tubbo's room after a pretty long train ride, he was bombarded with questions by both Ranboo and Tubbo. "How did it go?" Ranboo asked. "What questions did they ask?" Tubbo asked. "Do you think you'll get the job?" They both said, and Tommy tried to quiet them down.

    "It went pretty well, I even made it to the last test. They asked why I applied which district I live in, what I would do in a certain scenario, stuff like that, and I don't even know to be honest." Tommy said, answering their questions all at once. Ranboo and Tubbo seemed satisfied, and Ranboo went to get Tommy some water.

    "Also Tubbo, please don't be mad..." Tommy said as he trailed off, looking at the ground. Tubbo raised an eyebrow. "What do you mean boss man?" Tubbo asked, clearly confused. "When they asked me why I applied for this position I said I looked up to heroes a lot, and that you also loved heroes and you urged me to apply for this position." Tommy said, rubbing the back of his neck.

    Tubbo let out a loud sigh. "Did you have to say that I loved heroes?" Tubbo said, pinching the bridge of his nose. "I'm sorry, I really am, but I tried to make him feel pity for me." Tommy said. Tubbo perked up at the last part. He knew how much Tommy hated when others felt pity for him, so he put on a small smile.

    "Bossman, it's fine. But do you think it was worth it though?" Tubbo asked curiously as Ranboo returned and handed Tommy the glass of water. "Yeah, I think it was, and thanks Ranboo." Tommy said as he took a sip of water. After taking for a while more, he went downstairs, having gotten some energy back and searching for Puffy due to him not seeing her when he arrived.

    Puffy was sitting at her desk, and there was a huge dark gray cloud above her head. She looked worried, and couldn't seem to focus on her work. "Hey Puffy!" Tommy said as he made his way towards her. She immediately looked up and the cloud immediately became lighter and smaller. "TOMMY!" She said as she hugged the boy tightly. Tommy smiled and awkwardly patted her back.

    "I was so worried!" Puffy said as she let go of Tommy. "Well, no need to be worried now, because I'm fine, see!" Tommy said as he stepped back from Puffy with a smile. Puffy also smiled and laughed a bit. "Ok, but later do go eat some of Niki's food in case you do have an injury." Puffy said after Tommy told her about the parkour test. Tommy rolled his eyes lovingly. "Ok, fine, I'll go do it, mum." Tommy said as he lovingly looked at the woman who was his maternal figure.

    After a while, Tommy went and got some food that he had brought back yesterday from Niki's cafe. As soon as he took a bite of the fluffy bread, he instantly felt better. A while after he finished the bread, he heard someone yell his name. "TOMMY!! COME LOOK AT THIS!!!" Tubbo yelled, and Tommy immediately rushed to his room. "What is it Tubbo?" Tommy said as Tubbo motioned to his laptop while Ranboo stared at the screen. Tommy rushed over, and his jaw dropped once he saw what happened.

There was an email from the Heroes Headquarters.