Chapter 15

I was shocked. "But why Timothy though? He looks like he's barely 19." I said in confusion. "We suspect that he's being abused at home or somewhere else, maybe by a vigilante or criminal. Did you see his limp?" Techno says tilting his head towards the blond boy who was starting to leave to make the orders.

    "Now that I think about it, you're right! He does have a limp. So how do you want me to keep an eye on him?" I asked. "Well, don't follow him home. Unless he asks for help, we can't follow him home." Phil said as he took a sip of his drink.

    "Maybe you can ask him about his injuries and home life. But don't be too straightforward with it, you might scare him or make him suspicious of you." Techno said as he leaned back in his chair. I thought about it for a second. "You know what, that seems like a good plan!" I said as I clapped my hands together.

    "I'm in." I said. "Good, and also, we're not patrolling tonight, but we're patrolling tomorrow." Phil said. "It's time for us to leave, do you think you can handle the rest of the mission by yourself?" Techno asked, slight concern on his face. "I'll be fine, I'll be back by around 5. My shift is a 9 to 5, which isn't the best I'll be honest." I said as I turned to head back to the station.

&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&$&

    Tommy overheard some of the hero's conversation with Liam. He couldn't help but laugh a little when he heard them tell Liam to keep an eye on him. Ok, normally, this would make him freak out, but they made Liam do it because they still thought he was being abused outside of the cafe. He shook his head, let out a tiny sigh, and headed back to the station.

    As he was blending the drinks, Liam walked in with new orders. The two smiled at each other, then went back to their work. "So, what's your favorite color?" Liam asked. "Uhm, red, I think." Tommy said after he thought for a second. "Cool!" Liam said with a smile.

    It was a bit hard to suppress his smile when Liam was around, so he smiled a bit. He gave off the same vibe as Niki did, which made Tommy think the two could be good friends. "What's your favorite color?" Tommy asked Liam. Liam seemed to think for a second. "I actually don't know." He said with a small frown. "I've never really thought about it before, but I really like to play guitar!" Liam said with a smile.

    "Nice!" Tommy said, starting to warm up a bit to Liam. "Do you have any hobbies?" Tommy asked Liam as he put the drinks into glasses. "Well, I like to play guitar and listen to music." Liam said as he mimicked Tommy's actions. As Tommy took the drinks to the table, he thought about something.

"Maybe Liam isn't too bad after all."