Chapter 53

Tommy panicked and quickly turned around and did his best to kick Phantom in his stomach, and he was successful, hearing a grunt from the hero. He then pushed Phantom off him and ran. He didn't know where he was going, so he just ran. "Uhm, Clementine? A little help here would be nice!" Tommy said to the axe and Clementine flew into his hand.

    Tommy grinned and let Clementine control him. He whipped around and faced Blade and Phantom while holding Clementine tightly. "Well, I guess this is a fight or flight decision. Clementine, what do you think we should do?" Tommy whispered to Clementine as he kept his eyes on Phantom and Blade who were getting closer.

    "Tommy, you will have to trust me on this. First, we will fight. Then, after they are distracted or knocked out, we will escape. Also, don't worry about them being knocked out. I won't hurt them seriously." Clementine said to Tommy, and Tommy nodded and turned when he saw movement out of the corner of his eye.

    It was Ph1LzA. And he was with a woman who seemed to be his wife and a kid with ginger coloured hair. Tommy panicked and swiftly turned around when Clementine came into contact with a sword that Blade had supposedly materialized out of thin air.

    Tommy thought about something and instantly had to suppress a laugh. "If Blade puts on some nail polish, a skirt, eyelashes, and wore high heels, he would be the perfect Material Girl." Tommy thought with a grin.

    He was snapped out of his mental image of the Material Girl version of Blade when he had to duck due to Phantom throwing something at his head. The fight soon became heated, and Tommy could see the woman take away the kid as the fight became intense.

    Ph1LzA soon came into the fight, and silently thanked Clementine. If Clementine wasn't with him, he would have been captured and handed over to the police. Clementine then spun around and hit Phantom in his head, making him lose consciousness. They repeated this process until Blade and Ph1LzA were also knocked out.

    Tommy then bent over and put his hand on his knees, trying to catch his breath. Clementine, clearly worried, floated beside him and asked him if he was alright. "Yeah, Clem, I'm just catching my breath. That fight was intense." Tommy said, and Clementine lightly tapped his hand in an attempt to pat him.

    "Wait, IS THE DUCK OK!?!?" Tommy quickly yelled, and his hands flew to his belt pouch and unfastened the lock on the pouch. He let out a sigh of relief once he saw that the duck was ok. The duck was just staring at the bodies on the floor, however. The duck seemed... a bit sad. Tommy then quickly spun around when he heard a soft voice from the corner of the room, and so did Clementine.

    "Hey kid, it's nice to see that you're all in one piece." Ph1LzA's wife said with a smile on her face. Tommy immediately panicked. "Oh, don't worry about these three, I'll put them all in their own rooms." The lady said, and with a wave of her hand, Ph1LzA, Blade, and Phantom gently floated into the air. Tommy's jaw dropped in shock at the woman's magical abilities, which were apparently very strong.

    "Wait, so you're not mad about this?" Tommy asked cautiously, wondering if this was a trap. "No, I'm not actually. I know, it seems weird and confusing." She said with a small laugh. "I know about the Axe of Peace, or well, Clementine, and how they choose people of their choice, so I don't really mind that much. But do take good care of them, however. They will not hesitate to cut contact with you once you neglect them too many times like Blade sadly did" The lady said, and Tommy's eyes widened.

    "You know Clem's real name?" Tommy asked in shock, and the lady nodded with a gentle smile on her face. "Yes, we used to talk a lot after they chose Blade." the lady said gently and Tommy nodded. "Well, thank you miss, I'll be taking my leave now, bye!" Tommy said, and the lady nodded. "Bye kid!" The lady said as Tommy jumped out the window after he gently put the duck back into his belt pouch.

    After a while, Tommy was back in District 17. "Well, that was an eventful night, wasn't it Clem?" Tommy asked, and Clementine gave a hum of agreement. They soon arrived at Tommy's apartment, and Tommy looked at his shoes in embarrassment. "I'm sorry if this wasn't what you were expecting, I know it's not big and grand like their house but it's all I have-" Tommy was cut off by Clementine.

    "Tommy, I don't care where you live. As long as you keep me by your side, I will be forever loyal and grateful to you, so don't worry." Clementine said, and Tommy could hear the happiness in their voice. Clementine then shrunk to become very small, and Tommy gently curled his fist around them. Tommy then entered the apartment, said hi to Puffy, and went straight upstairs. 

    He made a beeline for Tubbo's room as he took out the duck. He went into Tubbo's room where Tubbo was sitting on his bed with Ranboo in his usual spot on Tubbo's chair. He let out a gasp of shock when the duck leapt out of his hands, ran to Tubbo and cuddled his foot. Tubbo then let out a gasp of his own and immediately looked down at the duck with wide eyes. Tubbo scooped the duck up with trembling hands and yelled with excitement and shock.

"OH MY GOD, IT'S BENSON!"