I86I

LAST CHAPTER FOR NOW!!! I will be continuing this story very soon!!! I promise!!!

Warnings: brief make out scene

THEY'RE 16 I AGED THEM UP..but then again, they didn't really do anything so......

_

It seemed like everything was finally getting back to normal. Well, as normal as things could be for the Madrigals. 

"Lesson number one," Bruno was saying to Antonio after dinner. He held his finger up. "When you're in charge, don't invite random strangers into the village. They might try to blow up the mountains or trap you in alternate universes." 

Antonio was looking at Bruno with wide eyes. "Blow up the mountains?" 

Bruno nodded seriously, miming someone blowing something up. 

"Bruno, you're going to give him nightmares," called Pepa warily. She shooed the cloud away from her head, sighing. "Antonio, it's time for bed. C'mon Tonito." 

"Not yet!" Antonio raged, turning to Bruno. "Can I have another story?" 

"One more story?" Bruno asked, turning to his sister. "Please?" 

"It better be an appropriate one," Pepa warned as Camilo walked by carrying an extra plateful of arepas. "Cami, where do you think you're going with those?"

"To my room?" 

"Nu uh," she shook her head reproachfully. "Crumbs will be everywhere!" 

Camilo stuck his bottom lip out. "But I'm still hungry." He held the arepas closer as if he was ready to put up a fight to keep them. 

"Fine," Pepa threw her hands up. 

Camilo grinned widely, carrying the plate high in the air as he ascended the stairs. Avon was waiting on his bed, sprawled out on her back. She was reading a questionable book. *I don't know any good ones so make one up*

Slowly, Camilo placed the plate of arepas down, taking the book right out of her hands and checking the cover with a grin. 

"HEY!" 

Camilo flipped through the pages, raising his eyebrows and nodding. "Interesting. Very interesting." 

Avon rolled her eyes. "Give it back!" 

He only smirked, holding the book above his head and beginning to read it out loud. 

"It was the first time she'd ever felt like this, and—" 

"CAMILO SHUT UP!" Avon's eyes went wide and she slid off the bed to try and snatch it back from him. 

It was like a mini game of cat and mouse. 

Camilo laughed, running around to the other side of the room, Avon hot on his tail. He continued to read it louder, dying of laughter by the end of the page. 

"Dolores will get you back for this!" Avon warned, jumping to try and reach the book. Camilo backed up, keeping her an arms length away and sitting down on the bed, swinging his legs over the side. 

"And then, when they finally kissed—" 

Avon groaned in annoyance, nearly climbing on top of him to stop him from getting the book. She straddled his hips underneath hers, trying to reach the book. 

"This was your plan all along, wasn't it?" Avon asked grimly, balancing with her hands around his neck. 

He shrugged casually. "Maybe."

Camilo leaned over, tossing the book gently.  With a thud, it fell to the ground on the other side of the bed. 

Camilo's eyes glinted mischievously when he realized Avon's positioning. "You want me to recreate that scene for you? I think it would be pretty entertaining." 

"I think you're an idiot," Avon said, trying to hide her smile. Camilo's hands slid around her waist,  sliding up her shirt onto bare skin. "Wait." Avon flicked her fingers at the door, causing it to close with a snap. 

"Good thinking," Camilo enjoyed the fact that they were at eye level for once. He leaned in, kissing her. Avon's eyelids fluttered as she closed her eyes and she could feel his eyelashes against her cheek. 

His breath hitched in his throat as she pressed closer, and his hands traveled farther up her back. 

"Don't you want to eat those arepas?" Avon asked, gasping for air. She turned to gesture the the sad looking plate on the other side of the room. 

"Not right now," Camilo breathed. 

"Shame. I was kind of hungry." 

Camilo grinned. "Too bad." 

_

"Is it true that you were going to ask me out?" Mirabel asked, blushing slightly as she looked at Amelie. 

The blonde girl turned her head, feigning surprise. "Oh. That. Um. I guess...I might have been considering something like that. But only if you—" 

Mirabel raised her eyebrows. "Are you blushing, Amelie?" 

In the other room, Dolores was eating popcorn with Fred and George, listening to the whole conversation. "Shit is getting real, guys." She whispered. 

"No," Amelie said quickly. "No. I just have this condition. Uh—" 

"Right," Mirabel smiled slightly. "Well. I guess, if you were going to ask me out...maybe you should." 

"Really?" 

"Have I ever lied to you?" Mirabel hummed. 

"But I was such a bitch to you guys," Amelie murmured. 

Mirabel waved her hand. "You didn't blow up the mountains." 

Amelie considered this for a couple minutes. "Mirabel..would you consider going out with me?" 

"I thought you'd never ask." 

"I hear something I don't want to," Dolores tilted her head in the direction of Camilo's room, covering her ears. She gave an apologetic look to Fred and George. "I'm going into my room." 

They squeaked. 

Later, Bruno found the leftover popcorn and shared it with all his other rats. They performed extra telenovelas that night. 

_

Avon leaned on Camilo's shoulder. "I was thinking about that conversation we had once about the future." 

"Oh?" He turned to her, his curly hair falling messily over his eyes. "you were thinking about that now?" 

"Why not?" Avon shrugged, smiling slightly. "And then I was thinking about the weird ass start to our relationship." 

"The second time?" Camilo raised an eyebrow. "When I knocked you over in the market." 

"Yeah," Avon hesitated. "We don't talk about that." 

Camilo grinned. "We don't talk about us, back then?" 

"Oh, definitely not," Avon took a deep breath. "What I'm saying is, I'm not going anywhere. And as long as the mountains stay stable, I think the future won't be too bad." 

"That's good to know," Camilo said teasingly. "Well, I guess we could talk about us..now?" 

Avon laughed. "Better sooner than later, Madrigal."

"So, when can I call you Avon Madrigal?" 

"I prefer Avon the Welsh River." 

____

AAAH I HONESTLY LOVED WRITING THIS PART OF THE STORY!! It's likely I'll be coming back to it in a few months unless people are really desperate for more :) 

THANKS SO MUCH FOR EVERYONE WHO VOTED AND COMMENTED!!

- Author