I69I

Della hated being looked at as someone to pity. And currently, everyone in the Madrigal family pitied her. She could see that well enough on their faces. But, she pushed these feelings away, determined to make something of herself for once. 

She leaned against her suitcase, locking the wheels and looking at her brother. Dex had always been better with people. That was how it was; how it was always going to be. 

"So," Alma clapped her hands together. "The house you'll be living in is just down the road." She smiled widely, a couple of strands falling out of her bun. 

Her stress was obvious. 

Between trying to keep the family together, and managing the affairs, life for Alma was exhausting. People thought she had control, when really she felt two minutes away from spiraling. Alma tried to pretend that she wasn't bothered when no one came to her after Marley wreaked havoc on their house, but she was. 

As she glanced at Avon and Camilo, a twinge of something ran through her. The two were practically inseparable. Camilo had his hand on Avon's waist and Avon's posture was clearly turned towards him. It reminded her too much of her relationship with Pedro. Alma constantly wondered why Pedro had been taken from her. Hadn't she sacrificed enough? 

"Isabela, Camilo, why don't you show them?" Alma was aching to retire to her room. "We'll all have dinner together tonight?" 

"Thank you, Mrs. Madrigal," Dex said politely, nodding for his sister to go first. Della wondered why she was being dragged all around Encanto. 

Avon took it upon herself to go with them, as Camilo clearly didn't want to let her go. She used her magic to open the door, letting Dex and Della go first. 

Amelie stayed behind to talk to Mirabel. 

"I ship them," Bruno whispered quietly to Antonio, who was standing with Steve the jaguar. 

"What does ship mean?" Antonio asked Pepa. 

Pepa raised her eyes slowly to Bruno. "You better stop putting mature ideas in his head before you get a lightning bolt to the face." 

"That wasn't pleasant, Tio, I would avoid that at all costs," Camilo called over his shoulder. 

"Mi corazon, I said I was sorry," Pepa winced, recalling the time she accidentally shocked Camilo in the eyes. 

"Calm your Mama down, they said, it'll end well, they said," Camilo commented in a joking tone, grinning. 

"Ship means, when you want two people to be a couple," Felix answered his son quietly. "Like how everyone in this family ships me with your Mama." 

"It would be weird if they didn't," Bruno added. 

"Well, then I also ship Amelie and Mirabel," Antonio said a bit too loudly. Mirabel and Amelie looked up. Just to get his message across, Antonio repeated it. "I ship you two. And I ship Camilo and Avon. And I ship Mama and Papa." 

"Great, you taught our son how to ship," Pepa sighed with exasperation. "I need a Tylenol." 

Felix rubbed his head nervously.

"Good job, Antonio," Bruno patted him on the head. 

Antonio smiled. 

_

"Welcome to Encanto, by the way," Camilo said, smacking Dex on the back. 

Avon rolled her eyes. "How many times, Camilo—don't smack people when you first meet them?" 

"I knocked you over when I first met you, and see how that worked out," Camilo pointed out, nudging her in the arm. 

"Yeah, well," Avon smirked. "Don't let him knock you over or you'll be stuck with him your entire life." 

"Mhm," quipped Camilo. 

"Noted," Della whispered to herself. 

"I like your hair," Dex said, glancing shyly at Isabela. Isabela gave him a quick glance, tucking her hair behind her ear. *debby ryan*

"Thanks." 

"Can I just ask if you have any plans to try and blow up the mountains?" Camilo wondered aloud. 

"Um, no, not as far as I know..." Dex said slowly. "Can I ask why?" 

"Previous guests..." Camilo trailed off weakly. "Sorry, I'm really bad at meeting people." 

"I can see that," Della said before she could stop herself. "So am I, I guess." 

"I'm sure you two will be fine," Isabela smiled. "As long as you don't try to blow up the mountains." 

"Or try to kill us while we slee—" Camilo cut himself off, clearing his throat. "I'm going to shut up now."