I42I

(Act two has been titled and there are pictures of Avon and Amelie posted in the chapter called 'Act Two: Three's A Crowd')

Alma wasn't entirely sure what to make of Amelie. 

She was pleased that Camilo would be spending time with someone other than his highly opinionated—troublemaker—rulebreaker of a soulmate. But, Amelie did seem a bit high strung, maybe a little insecure and over-bearing. She hoped that the blonde girl would settle down once she got comfortable at Casa Madrigal. 

"Amelie, hon, what room would you feel most comfortable sleeping in tonight?" Alma asked as she instructed Casita to tidy the dishes. The others had already gone to bed, but Avon, Camilo, Mirabel and Dolores had hung around to help clean up. 

"Um." Amelie shot a very discreet glance at Camilo; a glance that wasn't discreet enough for Avon, who saw it all. 

Oh hell no, bitch, were her thoughts exactly. 

"Amelie can bunk with me," Mirabel piped up, straightening her glasses out. "There's already an extra bed, since Antonio has his own room now." 

Mirabel wasn't too pleased to be the sacrifice, but if it would stop Amelie from attempting to get with her cousin, she'd do it. For Avon's sake. Because if Avon was unhappy, everyone would pay the price. 

Alma was nodding at this idea. "Is the bed big enough?" 

Mirabel wanted to point out that it was exactly the same size as hers. 

Amelie twiddled her fingers, wondering if it would be way too bold to just ask if she could sleep with Camilo. Well, sleep in Camilo's room. Not sleep with Camilo. Amelie almost laughed aloud at her own thoughts. In my dreams...she thought to herself. 

"I know Camilo better," Amelie pointed out. 

"By five minutes?" Avon said innocently. Camilo's eyes shifted over to Avon, trying to make eye contact with her. 

"Five minutes can do a lot for you," Amelie said with a smile. "Just ask Camilo." 

Avon had to stop her mouth from dropping open. "...listen, Emily—" 

"Enough, Avon," Alma didn't know what to make of the situation. She placed her hands on her hips, closing her eyes for a couple of seconds. "If Amelie is more comfortable in Camilo's room then you can share with Mirabel for a week." 

"Abuela," Camilo stuttered. "I don't think that's a good idea." 

Alma held her hand up. "I don't want to hear another word of it. Avon, get your things and move into Mirabel's room for tonight." 

Dolores listened to the drama going on from the safety of the other room. Casita squeaked loudly, and she turned her head, nodding. "This shit is even better than Harry Potter." Casita squeaked in agreement and Dolores popped a piece of Arepa in her mouth. 

Avon fumed silently to herself, trying to keep her breathing under control. Not just her breathing. Her powers. 

Fuck. Why was Alma so damn determined to get Amelie and Camilo in the same room? Alone? At night. 

Camilo rolled his eyes loudly—if that's possible. He turned to Avon, once Amelie was out of earshot. 

"You know I don't actually like that bitch, right?" He raised an eyebrow. "Mi vida?" 

Avon huffed. "You'd better not." She leaned in, pressing her lips against his. Camilo backed up a couple of inches until his back hit the wall. He inhaled slowly, appreciating her closeness. Avon pulled away after ten seconds, narrowing her eyes at him. "Because if you do—Madrigal—" 

Camilo smirked. "You're kinda hot when you're jealous."  

He leaned forward but Avon stepped back cheekily. "I'm not going to kiss you until you meet me out on the roof in about..." She checked the clock on the wall. "An hour." 

"Fuck." Camilo groaned. "An hour?" He pulled her in by her waist, stopping when they were inches apart. 

"Don't be desperate," Avon said, grinning. "One hour." 

"One hour until what?" He asked, blinking innocently. 

Avon purposely didn't answer him. 

"And I'm not jealous, Madrigal."