I62I

"Oh thank fucking god, mi vida," Camilo stepped forward as the green light fully disappeared. He wrapped his arms around Avon, not caring who was staring at them. 

"Were you that worried about the mountains?" Avon said weakly. "I doubt I would be able to blow them all up at once..." 

"Stop talking about the goddamn mountains, Avie, I was worried about you!" Camilo said, pulling her closer to his chest. 

"Cami, I love you but you're smothering me," Avon muttered into the fabric of his ruana. 

"I don't care." 

"Marley was behind the whole thing," Parker said quietly. 

"Very quick to throw your wife under the bus, are we?" Felix asked, shaking his head. "Tsk, tsk." He thought about that for a couple of second. "Except she is guilty..." 

"The gold, Parker, the gold," Marley groaned from where she lay on the ground. Her hair was all tangled up and her black dress was in shatters. "That dumb bitch Avon got in the way of our gold." 

"What did you just say about Avon?" Antonino squeaked, stepping out from behind Pepa. "Get her, Fred and George!" 

The two rats advanced on Marely, crawling all over her and squeaking their battle cries. 

"AAAAAAAH I HATE ANIMALS!" 

"Well that does it, are we sending her to prison now?" Dolores asked quietly, glancing over at Mariano, who had somehow managed to get his nose broken by one of the falling rocks. 

"I swear, I had no idea about any of this," Mariano said, holding his broken nose. "I never would have invited them if I thought..." 

Everyone watched as Marley dialed a number on her phone, got picked up by a giant helicopter, disappearing into the night sky. She left both her husband and her daughter behind without a second glance. 

"Amelie had nothing to do with it either," Dolores said. "And yes, I believe you. None of the other visitors are to blame." She turned to Parker with a suspicious look. "You're questionable, bro." 

"Kick Marley out of Encanto," Antonio cheered. 

"Slow down there, Tonito," Alma said. Her voice changed, becoming as stern as it usually was. The warmth that came into her tone when she talked to Bruno, Isabella, Dolores, or Antonio was gone. "Marley Jexton, you are banned from ever returning to Encanto. Should you ever return, I give Antonio permission to set Steve the Jaguar on you and let the lord know we will show no mercy." 

"Way to be dramatic about it," Bruno said, checking his nails. "I would've just said—get the hell out bitch, but okay, do it your way." 

Alma gave Bruno a dry look. "Thank you, Bruno." 

"Looks like the prophecy didn't come true after all," Mirabel pointed out. "I guess propechies can be changed." 

"What about Jamal and Amelie?" Pepa inquired. "What will they do?" 

"They should be allowed to stay with us," Agustin piped up. "It wouldn't be fair to kick them out with no where to stay." 

"Jamal can cook with me," Julieta said with a smile. 

"And, um, Amelie can share my room," Mirabel added, also smiling. "As long as that's okay with you." 

Amelie nodded. "Yeah, if you'll have me." 

Camilo and Avon exchanged knowing glances. 

"That sounds fine," Alma said, dipping her head. "As for you," She looked at Parker. "You can find a place to stay in town but you're under probation." 

"Is the wedding still on?" Antonio piped up. 

"If Mariano can fix his nose," Dolores said with an eyeroll. "Seriously, do you like, break it every year or something?" 

Mariano nodded sheepishly. 

"I think we owe it to Antonio and the rats that we were able to stop the mountains from blowing up," Alma said. 

"My rats," Bruno pointed out. 

"Yes, fine, your rats." Alma sighed exasperatedly. 

"No, they're my rats," Antonio said. 

"You can't even tie your shoelaces, how are the rats yours?" 

Antonio frowned. "They like me better." 

Bruno gasped dramatically. "But I got them those little raincoats and everything..." 

The rats squeaked appreciatively. 

"That's what you spent your money on?" Pepa rolled her eyes. 

"They go outside when you make it rain! They need them!"