I54I

"Amelie," Dolores said, a false smile on her face. "Care to share anything with me?" She walked closer, lowering her voice. "Either stop your parents and tell Abuela about their plans, or I'll deal with it and you'll be gone. Got it, bitch?" 

Amelie swallowed hard. "Is there a third option?" She remembered what Marley had told her. Breathe a word of this to anyone and get kicked out of the house. Get rid of Avon. "No, I don't think you get it." Her voice hardened. "I don't have a fucking choice. I have to do this for my family." 

"What about my family?" Dolores raised her voice. "There's no evidence of gold in the mountains and if they get destroyed, we'll be vulnerable to the rest of the world. I thought you liked Camilo...." 

The truth was, Amelie didn't really like Camilo. It was strange to admit that to herself, but she found that it was the truth. 

She didn't want to admit her true feelings. Not yet. 

"I'll...I'll," Amelie's head was a whirlwind of emotions. Either side with the Madrigal's and tell them what was really going on, or face being kicked out of her own house for good. They'd never trust her again, and she'd never be a part of her family. But if she didn't tell the Madrigal's they'd be in real danger. And she'd go back to her old life of feeling like an outcast. 

"Make up your mind," Dolores said. "The wedding is in two days, and I have enough to deal with." 

"Why can't you tell them?" Amelie asked, the idea dawning on her. "You could just go to your Abuela and tell them what's going to happen. She'll put a stop to it." 

"You think they're going to believe 'the esteemed bride'? I'm trying to have a wedding and your parents are trying to destroy our lives! They're your parents, your problem. You deal with it," Dolores huffed loudly. "I can't deal with this shit right now." She turned on her heel, muttering to herself. "Why is it always me?" 

Meanwhile Jamal was gathering up the courage to ask Avon out. 

No, he didn't know that Camilo and Avon were dating. 

Yes, he was aware that Amelie had a huge crush on Camilo, so he hoped everything would work out. 

Yes, he'd only known her for two days but he was sure. 

Amelie rushed down the hallway, nearly slamming into Mirabel. Forget nearly; the two collided, and Amelie went flying—almost tumbling down the stairs. 

"Holy shit, I'm so sorry," Mirabel said, grabbing her hand and helping the blonde girl to her feet. She didn't like Amelie, that was for sure; but she knew a bit about being the outcast in her family. "Are you alright?" 

"Yeah," Amelie's mind was completely blank for once. "Yeah, I'm okay. Thanks..Mirabel." 

Mirabel gave her a reluctant smile, walking off in the opposite direction. 

Amelie watched her go, wondering what decision she should make.

_

"So, Avon," Jamal said, walking up to her just before dinner. She was standing by the kitchen, piling arepa's onto her plate in a less than orderly fashion. Her eyes shot over at him when he approached her, a sneaky expression on her face. "I was er-wondering if—maybe you'd like to go out with me sometime?" 

Avon's mouth dropped open and she nearly dropped her plate of arepas. "Ah, shit," One of them fell on the ground. 

"Camilo, stop pretending to be me to get more food," the real Avon scoffed, walking into the room with an exasperated expression on her face. 

Jamal's mouth was slightly open and he stood as still as a board, not knowing what to do. 

He'd accidentally asked out Camilo Madrigal. 

___

So...do you think Amelie will tell the Madrigals about her parent's plans? 

And who do you think she really likes? 

What will Camilo do about Jamal? 

Will Dolores crack under the pressure and spill the secrets about Marley and Parker anyway?