I65I

Sorry for the lack of updates, I'm taking a short break for my mental health:)

__

Avon's POV 

After several hours of looking stupid and dancing around the crowded hallway, I finally managed to slip away for a break. I glanced around, hopping into Camilo's room and shutting the door behind me. Alma wanted to give me my own room, since I'm technically living at Casa Madrigal now, but I told her it wasn't necessary. Camilo's more than happy to share his room with me. 

Maybe a little too happy, actually. 

I've never really thought about my future with him. I mean, sure, it's popped into my head several hundred times, especially in this past week with Dolores's wedding and all the other chaos that's been going on. I think it's obvious we're going to stay together, so there's no need to put a label on anything. Especially when it comes to marriage. The boyfriend-girlfriend thing made me anxious enough. 

The what-ifs and doubts start up in my head and I have to breathe slowly to calm down. What if Camilo decides he likes Amelie better? I shake my head rapidly, like some kind of crazy person. that would never happen. Amelie's into Mirabel. But what if you mess up again, and Alma kicks you out of the house? The feelings of unease make my breathing increase and my heart thunders through my chest. 

__

Camilo's POV 

I noticed quickly that Avon was no longer in the room. The lack of her presence made dancing way less fun, and I looked around for her. She was nowhere in sight. 

"Have you seen Avon?" I turned to the closest person I saw, which was Mirabel. She shrugged, glancing quickly around the room. 

"Nope, I don't know where she is," Mirabel turned back to Amelie. I noticed the two were getting awfully close. 

"Do we need to plan another wedding?" I asked in a joking tone, nodding to her and Amelie, who was still holding the bouquet of flowers that she'd caught earlier. 

Amelie turned beet red, staring down at her feet. "Um, I don't know what you're talking about." 

"Cami, don't tease her," Mirabel scolded. Just then, I felt a jolt through my stomach and the markings on my arms flashed briefly, lighting up the outline of my white shirt. 

"What does that mean?" Amelie asked, pointing. I shrugged helplessly. 

"Maybe I should put some donkey hair on that," I said, echoing the words she said to me when we first met. 

"Very funny," Amelie said. I had to say, she was a lot more pleasant when she was relaxed and not trying to do me, in the words of a very wise person. 

Another jolt shot through my stomach and I frowned turning around. I still hadn't found Avon, which concerned me. 

"Dolores, do you know where Avon is?" I asked her, interrupting her dance with Mariano. Dolores tilted her head up, listening intently.

"Ugh, the music is blocking out my senses," Dolores frowned with annoyance, focusing hard. A crease appeared in between her eyebrows. "I'm not sure. I can hear someone's heartbeat though..it's really fast." 

"Okay, thanks," I said, stepping back so that she and Mariano could continue dancing. 

I started getting the sense that something was wrong, which made my worry increase. Quickly, I walked towards my room, opening the door to reveal Avon. She was sitting on my bed, a concerned expression on her face. Her arms were flashing rapidly, which I had no idea what that meant. 

"Ave, are you okay?" 

She looked at me, her breathing becoming faster and more erratic. She was blinking extremely fast and her arms were wrapped around herself. 

"Avon," I walked over to her, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Hey, it's okay. What's wrong?" 

"Everything was fine," Avon said, her words coming out in tumbles. "And then I just started worrying and now it feels like everything is wrong." She closed her eyes. 

"Everything's going to be okay," I said quietly. "I think you're under way too much pressure. With everything that's just happened with Marley and stuff—I think you haven't had the chance to fully relax. Hang on a sec—" I stood up, grabbing a pair of sweatpants and a hoodie from my closet. "Here, put these on. I promise I won't look." 

Avon relaxed visibly and I turned around while she quickly changed out of her dress. 

"Is there something bothering you?" I asked, turning back around once she'd finished. 

"Nothing in particular," Avon chewed on the inside of her cheek. "Mostly just irrational stuff." 

I scooted back to lean against my headboard and Avon sat beside me, resting her head on my shoulder. 

"Take deep breaths," I said, wrapping an arm around her waist. "I can't tell you to not worry, because that's just unreasonable, but I'm here for you, Avie. I'll always try my best to protect you." I smiled, turning to look at her. "There's nothing that could happen that would ever change that, you know that right?" 

"Yeah," Avon said, letting out a shaky breath. "I guess it's just been hard with all the drama lately. It feels like things haven't been normal in so long." 

"I know what you mean," I answered. "Hopefully everything will settle down. But if it doesn't, then we can go through it together." 

"Thanks, Camilo," Avon said quietly, closing her eyes. 

"I love you." 

"Love you too."