I25I

"How much time do we have?" Pepa asked anxiously, rubbing her arms. Snow was beginning to fall from her cloud, which had reappeared in the air above her. Felix stood by her, holding a very impatient Antonio in his arms. 

Averly shrugged helplessley. "He didn't say what time.." 

Alma was busy securing her spell--locked up in her room so that no one would interrupt. Julieta and Agustin were in the kitchen, busily working on a batch of healing cakes, just in case. 

Most of the Madrigal kids were in their rooms, minus Mirabel, who was with Camilo and Avon in Camilo's room. 

Avon was pacing anxiously, her stomach churning. She wasn't entirely sure if the dizziness in her head was out of nerves or because of the fact she hadn't taken her pill for an entire three days. 

"Ave, you know I love you but please stop pacing," Camilo said, wrapping his arms around her waist and spinning her around. 

Avon gave him a look, which turned into a mini staring battle. 

Mirabel cleared her throat awkwardly. 

"So..you guys are cute and all--but we have some extremely important things to discuss," She stepped in between them. "Also, leave some room for Jesus." 

"They need holy water!" Dolores yelled from the other room. 

Camilo pouted, a strand of curly hair falling into his face. "We do not!" 

"GUYS!" Mirabel hollered. "None of this is going to matter when we're all dead in about five minutes." 

Avon huffed, playing with her fingernails. "That's a bit dramatic. I'm sure there's some kind of solution to this problem. I mean, won't the walls keep Dad out?" 

"They didn't keep you and your Mom out 11 years ago," Mirabel pointed out. "I don't think the walls are going to protect us. Plus Blagden has gifts..right?" 

Camilo closed his eyes slowly. 

"Abuela's spell---" Mirabel said quietly. "She said it would erase the memories of everyone here...so that it was like we never met you?" 

Avon nodded, a low feeling of dread inside her . 

"That's not going to happen," Camilo said firmly. "That is definitely not an option." 

A loud banging sounded at the door downstairs. 

Everyone glanced at each other with wide eyes. 

Avon cast her gaze downwards and she started towards the door. 

"Wait," Camilo said quickly. "Avon, you aren't seriously going to go with him, right?" He blinked. "Please don't say you are." 

Avon swallowed hard, unable to find any words to say to him. Camilo meant more to her than he would ever know, which was why she would have to leave. It would protect all the Madrigal's, especially Camilo and everyone would be alive. 

She pulled the doorknob, dashing down the hallway and flying down the stairs. Camilo followed closely at her heels. 

"Good," Blagden stared down at his daughter with a cruel expression on his face. "Where is Averly?" 

"You didn't have to do this, Blagden," Averly's face was cold as she looked at her husband. "You didn't have to come here." 

"I did," Blagden said, leering widely. 

"Get out of this house," Alma said loudly, coming down the stairs. She was carrying the candle aloft in her hands. "We never should've allowed any of you in." She avoided eye contact with Averly as she said this, staring down at the candle. "Everything you do causes chaos and destruction!" 

"Alma Madrigal..." Blagden muttered. He recovered himself, begining to smile again. "I don't think I've seen you since.." He narrowed his eyes. "Since I murdered Pedro." 

Alma's grip tightened on the candle. 

"Stop this Blagden," Averly said. "We'll go with you, okay?" 

"Please yes," Blagden said. "Let's not inconvience the Madrigals any further." 

"No," Camilo said frantically, trying to get Avon to look at him. "But--" 

Blagden waved his arm, sending Camilo flying backwards. He hit the wall, landing in a heap. Pepa and Felix went rushing towards him, kneeling beside his limp form. 

"DAD, STOP!" Avon yelled, a storm starting in her head. She could feel tingles starting down her arms, and the familiar feeling of power in her chest. A bright green light began to glow from her hands, illuminating the marks on her arms. 

Her powers were coming back. 

Alma lowered her head, shielding herself from the light. She began to say the spell. 

Everything happened in slow motion. 

Avon's powers glowed around her, lifing her hair like an eerie halo. Camilo stirred, staring up at her. The marks on his arms lit up as well, nearly drawing him towards her. 

As the spell progressed further and further, cracks appeared along the house, thundering through the foundation and splitting the floorboards apart. 

Blagden looked on in amusement, his eyes growing dark. He didn't even need to destroy them. they were doing it to themselves. He stepped back, watching as the chaos unfolded. 

Alma was nearly finished the spell as Averly flew forwards, nearly knocking the candle out of her hands. 

Avon had no control over her powers. They'd been locked away for so long, hidden deep inside of her. She wasn't allowed to learn how to harness them, therefore they were now errupting. The consequences of Alma's actions all came flooding back to her. 

The spell finished, leaving everyone dazed, just as Avon's powers exploded. 

The room went dark.