I81I

Camilo's POV 

It was five past 8 and Avon still hadn't showed up yet. I wondered if she'd decided to bail on me..or if she'd just forgotten. 

Clouds of dust rose from the dry ground as people on donkey's rode by. The market was quite crowded even though it was particularly early in the morning. No one cast me more than a glance as they walked by, which was somewhat refreshing. Usually twenty people a day asked me for a favour. 

From the other side of the market I could see Avon approaching. She was running at top speed, trying to tie up her braid as she ran. Something of relief washed through me. Relief that she was going to help me save my house, or relief that I was getting to see her again, I have no idea. 

"You're late," I said, trying to force my expression into being stern. It wasn't working. "Why are you late?" 

Avon's cheeks were tinted pink, which somewhat surprised me. I'd never seen her blush before. 

"I got distracted," she muttered, looking slightly embarassed. She stared down at her feet for a couple of seconds before reluctantly drawing her eyes back to mine. 

"By what?" I asked, baffled. I coudn't possibly think of anything that could've happened in the last 24 hours that would make her...well, like this. 

Avon blushed again, furiously tearing her gaze away. "It's none of your buisiness Madrigal." 

I raised an eyebrow. "Please, Ave?" 

Avon's POV 

I couldn't hide my shocked expression. I mean, to have that *coughs awkwardly* dream about him, and then the next day, he uses the same nickname? Shit was getting weirder by the minute. 

"Did you just call me 'Ave'?" I lowered my tone. 

Camilo's face changed into a concerned expression. "Are you okay? You're not acting normal." he frowned. "Or are you trying to distract me so that you don't have to tell me what you got so distracted by? Was it a guy?" 

I rolled my eyes. "No." 

"Just tell me." 

"If you care so much, it was a weird dream.." I coughed. "It was...extremely awkward and terrible unspeakable things happened and I don't want to talk about it anymore." 

Camilo looked confused for a couple of seconds and then awareness came onto his face. "Ohhh, that kind of dream." He winked. "I get it." 

"Ew, that's disgusting, don't ever wink at me again," I shivered. "and it's probably not what you're thinking." 

"Was it a sex dream?" 

Long drawn out awkward silence. 

I cleared my throat, crossing my arms and fighting the urge to run and jump off a building. Why was I standing in the street, having this conversation with Camilo Madrigal? Who I might add, was literally in the dream. 

"Would you just shut up so we can get on with this?" I gritted my teeth. "Why did you even want to meet? I still think you should talk about this problem with your--" I was aware of the fact that I was rambling to distract from the fact that Camilo was very much right about his theory..

"So it was," He smirked. "Who was it with?" 

"That's none of your buisiness," I glared. "Let's not talk about it." 

Camilo shrugged. "I bet it was Mirabel." 

"I'm not gay," I pointed out. 

"Then it was probably that guy over there," Camilo pointed at a random teenager walking past one of the vendors. 

"I don't know him," I huffed. 

"Was it someone I know?" Camilo guessed. 

"I'm not having this conversation with you," I said. 

"Was it..." He looked around. 

"Camilo, your house is probably going to collapse and the magic is probably dying but you want to stand around having a conversation about the fact that I slept with someone in a dream?" 

"Avon, shh--"

It was too late. 

From across the market, I saw Dolores drop her basket full of potatoes and look over at us with shock on her face.