I63I

Dolores stared at herself in the mirror for a solid half hour, doing half turns to examine the dress at all angles. She was ready for this. Dolores took a deep breath, trying to steady her racing heart. It's not like everyone in her entire family and his family would be watching. Oh wait. 

"You look beautiful, mi corazón," Pepa clasped her hands together, popping in the doorway without Dolores noticing. "Absolutely stunning." 

Dolores smiled nervously. "Thank's, Mami," her reflection shone back at her, a picture of what she hoped was somewhat close to perfection. On the inside, Dolores knew she was far from perfect, but prayed that today would go as well as possible. 

"Awww..." Camilo said, poking his head in the doorway. "Should I get some tissues? Is this a crying party?" He nodded with a grin when he saw Dolores. "Nice dress." His visit was short lived as he pulled back to go find Avon. 

"Don't listen to him," Felix said, rolling his eyes playfully at his son. Dolores kept her smile on her face, her stomach continuing to churn. 

"He'll grow up soon enough," Pepa said with a short laugh. "Once he and Avon are ready for marriage.." 

"I HEARD THAT!" Camilo hollered from down the hallway. 

Dolores winced, covering her ears. 

"Camilo, KEEP YOUR VOICE DOWN!" Felix bellowed back. "Oh, sorry." He coughed awkwardly. "Well, Abuela will tell us when it's time." He gave Dolores a supportive thumbs up, leaving her alone with Pepa. 

"Are you feeling alright, Lori?" Pepa asked, taking Dolores's hands. "You look a bit pale." 

Dolores cleared her throat. "Yep." Her voice came out as more of a squeak. "I'm okay. Just...nervous I guess." 

"You have nothing to worry about," Pepa said soothingly. "Everything is going to go well." 

__

"Nothing is going to go well if Avon has to wear that dress," Mirabel whispered to Amelie, who bit back a laugh as Avon came storming out of her closet wearing what she considered to be an abhorrent dress choice. 

"Ave, calm down," Amelie said, still trying not to laugh. "We can make some adjustments." 

"How? The wedding is in like—ten minutes!" Avon pulled at the fabric, trying to make it fit her better. The pale blue in the dress didn't match at all with the red in her hair, and there were tiny fake plastic flowers all over the waist. 

"Call Isa in here," Amelie suggested to Mirabel. 

"ISABELA!" Mirabel called down the hallway. 

"WHAT?" 

"GET IN HERE!" 

Avon groaned, ripping a couple of the fake flowers off her dress. They left tiny string-remnants, which Avon flicked to the side, making them fold in the seam with her powers. 

"What's the problem—oh," Isabela sighed at the disaster of Avon's dress. She hummed quietly, diagnosing the issue. "Alright, I see what you mean..." 

"I know I'm not the bride or anything, but this dress is making me want to throw myself out the window," Avon said earnestly. 

"I can see why," Mirabel said, smoothing out her own dress. "Not that you don't look awesome..but that dress is..." 

"Okay, I think I can fix it," Isabela waved her fingers, causing rose coloured flowers to sprout from where the fake flowers were ripped out. The rose petals gave off some colour, causing the dress to turn a light shade of red. 

"Oh thank god," Avon said. "You're a life saver, Isabela." 

"Don't boost her ego," Mirabel grumbled. 

"Thank you Avon," Isabela smiled smugly. "Sorry, I can't fix the length." 

"Camilo will appreciate that," Mirabel said snidely. "Just kidding, just kidding..." She coughed. "not really though."