I78I

Avon's POV 

I watched from the sideline as the Madrigal's and everyone else gathered in Antonio's room, crowding in every corner. Music started playing; it was your typical dance party. 

"Everyone, gather in!" Alma said, hugging Isabela one one side and Pepa on the other. The Madrigal family huddled in together as someone aimed the camera. I saw Mirabel hurrying to get in the photo from the other side of the room but she was pushed behind several other people trying to pet a crocodile. 

She rushed forward, but they'd already taken the photo without her. Mirabel stood amongst the crowd, a longing expression on her face. Even Amelie was in the photo, and she technically wasn't even in the family. 

Mirabel turned around, running out of the room. 

I followed my first instinct, going after her. 

"Hey, Mirabel, wait!" I caught up to her in the hallway. "Look, I saw what happened. I'm sorry." 

Mirabel brushed away a tear, anger filling her features. "It's fine, Avon. Just—just stay out of it." 

The retort stung and I wondered why she was suddenly so angry at me. Mirabel walked down the hallway, and this time I didn't follow her. 

"Shit, what'd you say to her?" A familiar voice asked and the annoying curly-haired boy came strolling out of Antonio's room. He leaned casually against the doorframe, grinning at me. 

"I didn't say anything," I snapped. "You're the one who took the photo without her." 

Camilo raised an eyebrow, his eyes sparkling with mischief. "Aww, you're cute when you're mad." 

The fuck—

"Forget it," I said, turning on my heel. "I don't have the patience of willpower to deal with you." Much to my surprise, when I turned around, he was gone. 

Huh. 

Was that..disappointment I felt or relief? I honestly couldn't tell. 

I walked down the staircase, looking at the walls of Casa Madrigal. It really was a magical place. People all over Encanto marveled at the sight of it. Worshipped it even. 

As I was deep in thought, a tiny crack appeared above me. It was barely even a splinter, but a chunk of brick fell onto the ground in front of me. 

"What the—" 

I glanced over at the Miracle Candle, which was in the same place it always was, glowing brightly with the magic it contained. Nothing was out of the ordinary. 

Out of the corner of my eye I saw a figure run the length of the hallway. The same figure I'd seen earlier. They seemed to be wearing a bucket on their head this time. 

As I was turning to get a better look, a larger crack appeared, splitting all the way down the wall and branching out into wider, deeper crevices. 

"AVON, LOOK OUT!" Someone yelled, crashing into me and sending me flying to the floor as a giant piece of brick fell directly above me. I rolled over them, landing sprawled out on the hard ground. Coughing, the dust cleared and I tried to sit up, noticing a weight on my chest. 

I blinked my eyes open. "Get off." 

"Where's the thank you? I just saved your sorry ass," Camilo huffed, sitting up and brushing dirt off his ruana. His hips pinned mine to the ground, which would have bothered me more if Casita hadn't just started crumbling. 

I pushed Camilo over, causing him to land with a thump on the ground. His cheeks turned red and he shifted uncontrollably into...me? And then he turned back.

Camilo stood up, not bothering to address the fact that he was just on top of me. He looked up at the walls. The cracks were completely gone. Like nothing had ever happened. 

"What the—" 

"Camilo? What are you doing with her?" The high-pitched voice of Amelie squealed.

_

I sense Avon and Amelie drama...