I68I

^^ the pictures of the new characters are posted in ACT THREE with their names and ages

______

The younger girl entered Encanto first, rolling her suitcase behind her. Her brother followed behind her, a bit less certain. He wasn't sure about this change. Whether it would be welcome or not. 

"It's going to be fine," The redhead said, turning back to nod at her brother. Even though she was younger, she'd decided a long time ago that she was in charge of her family. Or, what was left of it, at least. 

Meanwhile, Camilo and Avon were procrastinating like hell. 

"Cami, we have to go," urged Avon, trying to pull away. He laughed playfully, leaning in to kiss her one last time. "Seriously, do you want Alma to hate me forever?" 

"Fine," Camilo whined, eyeing his ruana that she was currently donning. "You're lucky you look cute in that." 

"Thank you," Avon smirked, grabbing his hand. "Now we have to go. For real, this time." 

Mirabel rolled her eyes at the two of them as they came out of Camilo's room. She pursed her lips, cocking an eyebrow. 

"Let me guess. Distracted again?" Mirabel huffed. "Don't even tell me." 

"If you're jealous, Mira, I'm sure there's someone you could date..." Camilo trailed off, staring at Amelie, who was walking down the hallway towards them. 

Everyone looked at Amelie. 

"Why is everyone staring at me?" 

"—what were you thinking Isabela?" Alma was talking furiously. "First you don't show up for dinner and then you go and dye your hair? Have you lost your mind?" 

"It's just hair," Isabela reasoned, tugging at her now pink hair. "It'll grow out, Abuela." Her attitude shifted a bit. "Why do you even care? It's my hair—my choice." 

"Yes, but this will affect your reputation!" 

"Hell yeah it will!" Camilo said, holding out his hand for a high five. "You're cool now." 

"And I wasn't before?" Isa arched an eyebrow. 

"Um, yeah. Exactly," Camilo said, like it was a known fact. 

"They will be arriving very soon," Alma said, with a loud sigh. "I don't have time for any more nonsense." 

"Where do you find all these new people?" Dolores asked, slightly impatient. She was less than thrilled about new additions to Encanto, after what had almost happened with the last bunch. "Do you google 'people who have nothing better to do', and then invite them to stay here?"

"Dolores," Alma snapped. "All of you must get your head in the game! The two Dartlin siblings have just lost their parents—who were old friends of mine." 

"Aha, so it is only two people!" Camilo said triumphantly. Avon smacked him in the arm. He winced. "Sorry, that was really bad timing." 

A few seconds later, there was a knock at the door. 

"Hi, come in, come in," Alma said, gesturing for the two people to enter the house. "Come have a  tour and then I'll show you where you'll be staying." 

The girl who entered first was tallish—taller than Amelie and Avon but shorter than Camilo and Dolores. She wore her hair down over her shoulders, and she was wearing a dark blue shirt and black shorts. The boy who followed her was much taller with broad shoulders and the same red-hair. He was—conveniently the same age as Isabela. 

"Everyone, this is Della, and Dex," Alma introduced. "They will be staying her in Encanto for a while." 

"As if she hasn't been telling us about them for months," Dolores whispered under her breath to Mariano, who shrugged in a supportive manner. 

Dex, who appeared shyer than his little sister, raised his hand in a short wave. "Hi." 

Della surveyed the group in a quiet way, smiling briefly at Mirabel before turning her attention back to Alma. 

Amelie watched with a suspicious look on her face, leaning over to Avon. "Is this how you felt when I got here?" 

Avon smirked, very much enjoying this. She whispered back. "Yeah, pretty much."