I66I

Amelie knew she liked Mirabel. She just didn't know what to do about it. Her solution? Absent-mindedly wander around Casita with no clear purpose to gather her scrambled thoughts. Except, Amelie was so distracted she didn't watch where she was going and she bumped right into Bruno. 

"Oh, I'm sorry," Amelie said, helping him pick up the rats from his cloak that he'd dropped. They squeaked indignantly at her, only warming up again when she handed them some crackers from her pocket. 

"It's okay," Bruno said, a wide smile. "Where are you going so quickly?" His voice took on a dramatic tone. "To see an ex lover who you had been forced to part with? To go on a majestical unicorn ride off into the sunset?" 

Amelie laughed. "No..nothing that interesting. Actually, I kind of need your advice on something." 

Bruno's eyes lit up with excitement. "Oh wow this is the first time anyone's asked for my advice," He scratched his head. "Usually I just give it, and then deal with the repercussions after. Like that  time at dinner, when—" 

Amelie cleared her throat. "Sorry it interrupt...but—" 

"Oh, right, you were asking me for advice. Go ahead. You're at my service. I mean—I'm at your service." 

"Um..so I might like someone," Amelie glanced around to make sure there was no one listening to their conversation. 

Bruno gasped dramatically. "GASP. Who? Spill, girl, spill," His eyes widened. "Wait, is it Avon?" Bruno did a little dancing circle. "Oh the drama, the drama! The love triangle that would—" 

"No, it's not," Amelie said, with a small smile. "Wait, how did you know I'm not straight?" 

"Oh, please, it's obvious," Bruno said. "MEN SUCK." He grinned. "Except for me." The main rat on his shoulder squeaked in agreement. "So who is it? Wait, don't tell me, I think I know."

"..." 

"It's," Bruno paused dramatically. "MIRABEL!" He cheered loudly. 

"Shhh," Amelie urged, glancing around. "You don't have to announce it to the entire Madrigal family." 

"Oh, dios mio, this is so great!" Bruno clapped his hands together excitedly. "What do you need my advice on?" 

"I don't know how to tell her," Amelie stared down at her feet. "I just get so awkward, and after all the trouble I caused between Avon and Camilo, I don't think anyone could really like, like, me." 

Bruno waved his arm. "Think positively! There's no damage between Avon and Camilo—they're as close as ever, and Mirabel doesn't hold grudges like that. Did anyone tell you about the time she ruined Isabella's wedding proposal dinner?" 

Dolores, who was listening from the other room cringed.

"Eee," Bruno back-tracked. "That didn't age well. Anyway, Mirabel's not the kind of person who'd stay upset about something as small as that for a long time." 

Amelie wanted to slam her head into the wall when she remembered all the dumb shit she pulled to try and get Camilo's attention. 

"Bruno, I don't know if you fully understand how bad I was," She winced. "I slept in Camilo's bed." 

"Yikes," Bruno shook his head, pursing his lips. "Well, just pray that everyone forgets." He placed a hand on Amelie's shoulder. "Just be yourself, okay? Mirabel likes it when people are honest, and kind, and when people compliment her glasses." 

"I think I can do that," Amelie said. "Thanks, Bruno." 

"Anytime, bestie.