I53I

When Amelie went to talk to Marley, she knew she was doomed. Marley rarely said anything nice, constructive, or vaguely decent to her daughter, so Amelie tried to avoid one on one conversations. Unfortunately, today wasn't her day. 

"Amelie," Marley said slowly, tapping her long artificial nails on the table. She gave the inside of the room a disdainful look, as if it didn't suit her standards. "There's something I have to talk to you about." Parker,  who was sitting on the other side of the room, cleared his throat. Marley gave him an annoyed look. "We. there's something we need to talk to you about." 

"Yes?" Amelie asked, fearing for her life. 

"We aren't here for the wedding," Marley narrowed her eyes. "The wedding is insignificant, insuperior and insufficiant for my time, our time," she corrected. 

"If you aren't here for the wedding, then why are you here?" Amelie tried to keep her tone neutral but her voice was shaking. 

"Well," Marley's eyes glinted. "We've heard that there is gold in the mountains surrounding Encanto..and we thought..maybe it be worth a couple million dollars to hire someone--everyone's distracted by the wedding--" 

"What are you saying?" Amelie interrupted, frowning. 

"Quiet, darling, I'm still speaking." Marley shook her head, earrings dangling dangerously low. "We've decided to--" She did a violent hand-jesture of blowing up something. "Poof--the gold is ours, we leave in peace and no one ever suspects us."

"But the Madrigal's will be furious," Amelie said, shocked. "The mountains are the only protection Encanto has. And--they won't trust me or Mariano to marry--" 

"Shut up," Marley said, rolling her eyes. "Blah blah blah blah blah," she glared. "Do you ever just shut your mouth? We never wanted you to marry into the Madrigal family, because we don't expect anything from you at all." She continued. "Mariano was good enough to marry that idiot daughter of theirs, but you are hardly even sufficiant for...what's his face?" 

"Camilo," Amelie said, her cheeks blazing. "So I'm not even here for a reason? You sent me here to..." 

"Well, you're so annoying I hoped it would be an additional distraction," Marley added. "Distract them from us, but you've already failed that! It seems that they don't even like you enough to be distraced by you!" 

"No one likes me," Amelie said quietly. 

"And if you so much as breath a word about this to any of the Madrigal's we will have you kicked out of the house in an instant," Marley finished. 

The words were ringing through Amelie's ears. "I--I won't." She hung her head low. "I won't tell anyone." She wanted to scream that her parent's were traitorous monsters who didn't care about anything except for their own wealth. She wanted to tell Camilo what they were planning. 

"And finally--" Marley said. "As a final touch, I'm going to need you to find a way to get rid of that Avon girl." she said. "I don't like her very much." 

"Honey, she can't just dispose of a whole person--" 

"Quiet Parker," Marley snapped. "Do as I say or there will be consequences." 

Amelie nodded slowly. "Yes, Mother." 

She walked out of the room, nearly running into Dolores who was standing down the hallway the entire time, a shocked expression on her face.