I59I

Camilo didn't know what to fucking think. He just saw Jamal kiss the love of his life and in his perspective, she didn't do a thing to stop it. His brain was going haywire and he didn't know what to do about it. 

What he didn't realize, is that Avon sent Jamal flying across the room with the flick of her wrist. He slammed into the counter with just enough force that it didn't seriously injure him, but it probably hurt quite a bit. 

"Jamal, what. The. Fuck," Avon's mouth was agape and she tried to tell herself to calm the hell down. "Why did you do that?" 

"I'm sorry," Jamal said, his chest heaving. He winced, standing to his feet, and sighing with relief when he noticed that Marley was gone. "I'm so, so, so sorry. I can't explain." He turned on his heel, walking away and leaving Avon in the dark; both literally and figuratively. 

Camilo wasn't one to react, or try to get revenge, but he was a sixteen-year-old-shapeshifting-theatre kid—who had more responsibility than any of the other boys his age in town and with only half a heart. The other half belonged to Avon. Or at least he thought it did.  

The idea came to him when he was trying to calm himself down. An idea of payback that he immediately dismissed as being so fucked up it was insanity. He would never kiss Amelie to get back at Avon. He couldn't do that to her. Camilo tried to convince himself he didn't know the whole story. It was Jamal who kissed Avon, not the other way around. 

But, the little voice in his head told him to really think about what just happened. That maybe Avon did mean to kiss Jamal. Maybe he was useless and she'd decided she didn't really like him anymore. It could happen. 'No, it couldn't.' Camilo thought to himself. 

"No." He said out loud to the darkness. No one responded. 

"Knock, knock," A voice said at the door. It was Marley. Causing more havoc than necessary, just for the fun of it. Riling everyone up for her own benefit was something she excelled at. 

"Who is it?" Camilo groaned, laying back on his bed. Honestly, he just wanted to be left alone. 

"I saw what happened between your girlfriend and Jamal," Marley said, her voice filled with false sweetness that burned Camilo's throat. "Or should I even call her your girlfriend anymore? Anyways...I think it's too bad that you two didn't work out." 

"She's still my girlfriend," Camilo sat up, glaring at her. 

"Oh," Marley said, sighing with fake sympathy. "I'm so sorry Camilo, but I know how girls work. Once someone better comes along, the other guy just goes-" She mimed a poof with her hand. "Sorry to burst your bubble, but, you know there are plenty of fish in the sea. Like my Amelie, for example." 

"No offense, but there's lots of garbage in the sea too," Camilo narrowed his eyes. "If you get my drift." 

"Okay, well, take it how you see fit," Marley said, shaking her head with a smile. "But, I think it's best you do something. It just doesn't seem fair." 

Well, she was right about that. 

Nothing about this seemed fair. 

_

Antonio's mouth dropped open as the rats finished explaining to him what was going to happen. 

"I have to tell the others," Antonio said quietly.