I45I

Dolores wasn't sure if she was supposed to be more happy about her wedding than she was. Sure, she was marrying the 'man of her dreams', but at the moment it kind of seemed like her Abuela was more excited for her to be married than she was. 

Mariano was great and all, but there was a lot of pressure on her to help the family succeed. It was good—for her to be married, she supposed. But if her Grandmother was so happy that someone was getting married then maybe she should be the one to marry Mariano and not Dolores. 

Dolores nearly laughed at herself for that thought. There was no way that she would be able to back out of the wedding at this point. The whole thing was sheer insanity. 

"So, how did you sleep, Amelie?" Alma asked kindly, picking up a plate of arepas and passing them across the table to the blonde girl. 

Amelie smiled brightly, stretching her arms over her head. "I slept great, thank you Abuela." 

Dolores wanted to point out that Alma was not her Abuela and that Amelie was an intruding bitch who was trying to steal Camilo away from Avon, an impossible challenge that she was failing horribly at but she refused to give up. 

Instead, she quietly sipped her orange juice. 

"Camilo's bed is really comfortable," Amelie added, much to everyone's surprise. "It was so nice of him to let me share." 

Camilo rolled his eyes inwardly, knowing very well that she didn't ask permission before she randomly crawled into his bed. 

Antonio looked extremely confused. "So is Amelie pregnant then?" 

Felix spat out his water across the table. 

Mirabel gasped loudly. 

A cactus grew from the table, punching Mariano in the nose. 

Dolores sucked in her cheeks to stop herself from laughing. 

"No..." was the only thing that Alma could say. She narrowed her eyes at Camilo. "I hope not." 

Avon's mouth dropped open. 

"Why would you think that, tonito?" Pepa tried to keep her expression neutral. 

"Well," Antonio started, surprised that everyone at the table had their eyes on him. "Tio Bruno explained to me that when people sleep together, someone gets pregnant. And Amelie slept with Camilo." 

Amelie giggled quietly to herself. 

Avon wanted to slam that bitch halfway across the mountains surrounding Encanto. 

"Bruno," Pepa forced a calm smile onto her face, keeping her expression neutral. The thundercloud boiling above her head gave away her true emotion. "Why would you tell Antonio something like that?" 

Bruno shrugged. "The kid wanted to know. He asks, I tell." His simplistic way of living life had always gotten him along just fine. "Actually, it wasn't really me who said. It was Hernando." 

"Quit it with the Hernando shit," Pepa closed her eyes. 

"Language, Pepi," Felix said, nervously drumming his fingers on the table. 

Alma spluttered out a couple of incoherent sentences, blinking around at the mess of a table. 

"No, Antonio, no one is pregnant," Alma answered quietly. "No one should be pregnant." 

Antonio sipped his juice in confusion. "But if they slept together—" 

"That's not how it works," Avon said quickly. "Definitely not. Or I'd be in deep shit right now," She thought the last part to herself. 

"You'd know all about that," Amelie said with a bright smile to disguise her suggestive words. "I believe that abstinence is the greatest virtue." 

"So do I," Camilo said, unconvincingly. 

No one at the table believed him for one minute.