I58I

Jamal was 100% ready to shoot his shot. Even if it meant being shot down by who he thought might be the love of his life. His career quite literally depended on doing this. After all, Marley had...threatened him sort of. If he didn't 'kiss the girl' he would be fired. Which seemed like an unfair trade off but that was just the life of Jamal Capraldi. 

"Marley wants me to kiss Avon," Jamal blurted to Amelie, the second the two were alone together. 

Amelie looked up with surprise, her eyebrows furrowing. "I'm sorry, I'm going to need you to repeat that to me." 

"Marley—your Mom, said that if I don't kiss Avon, she's going to fire me," Jamal rocked back and forth on his heels, nervously waiting for her response. Amelie seemed somewhat sane at the moment, so he thought she was the best to go to for advice. Obviously he couldn't talk to Camilo. 

"She said what?" Amelie squeaked. "That's—that's—" 

"I know," Jamal looked at the ground. "I'm going to have to do it. Even if it means I'm going to be murdered by Camilo." 

Amelie shook her head quickly. "I wouldn't do that if I were you. Don't listen to my crazy-ass bitch of a mother." 

"I don't have much of a choice, Am," Jamal said, his eyes shifting to the side wall as if to make sure no one was listening. 

"Amelie?" Mirabel poked her head through the doorway. Her hair was loose, nearly touching her shoulders and she wasn't wearing her glasses for once. She yawned. "It's like 10:30–aren't you coming to bed soon?" 

Amelie nodded quickly. "Yeah, I'll be there in a second." She shot Jamal one last glance, a panicked expression on her face. 'Talk to you tomorrow', she mouthed. 

Jamal sighed. "Bye."

He walked to the kitchen, enjoying the silence and darkness of Casita. 

Meanwhile, Fred and George were hightailing it towards Antonio's room to tell him what Marley and Parker were up to. 

Jamal wasn't looking where he was going and walked right into Avon. Just at that moment, he noticed Marley standing in the darkness, a somewhat evil expression on her face. 

He scolded himself for the bad timing. Now he didn't have a choice. 

"Jamal, are you okay?" Avon frowned slightly. "You look really pale." 

"I'm sorry," Jamal said, licking his lips. "I guess I'm just a bit-uh-scatterbrained today," he scratched the back of his neck anxiously. "Yeah...all this wedding stuff can be stressful." 

"I know what you mean," Avon said, nodding slowly. She was still slightly confused about why they were having this conversation at 10:30 in the middle of an empty kitchen. "So...pre-wedding jitters?" The corner of her mouth raised in a smile, which Jamal found frankly incredibly attractive. Which wasn't helping his case at all. 

He forced out a laugh. "Yep, you could say that." Jamal leaned backward on the counter awkwardly. "Mhm. How's it going in your life?" 

Avon raised her eyebrows. "Good. I guess. Oh—I heard you asked Camilo out the other day." 

Jamal turned red. "That was an accident. I was actually going to ask you out." 

Avon was surprised at his boldness. "Oh yeah?" She was about to turn him down when Jamal did something that shocked her. 

He leaned in, planting a really quick kiss on her lips. Avon was so surprised, she just stood there, not knowing what to do. 

Marley smiled wider, nodding slowly to herself like the evil villain she was. 

Camilo's mouth dropped open from where he stood by the door. He turned on his heels, dashing unseen, up the stairs. 

_

Woah...shit just went down. 

What do you think Camilo's going to do about the Avon and Jamal situation that was totally out of context.