I46I

(No, I haven't forgotten about Bruno's latest prophecy with the mountains)

Mirabel watched the horrifying scene unfold around her. 

She was seriously concerned that Avon might make Amelie explode internally. She knew for a fact that she'd probably want to do the same if she was in Avon's position. Amelie continued to go a step further than necessary. She'd crossed the boundary line three times too many in the past twenty minutes. 

"What's abstinence?" Antonio asked, his innocence once again getting the better of him. 

"It's...not giving in to particular urges that one might have," Julieta explained quietly. "Like..eating too much junk food." 

Antonio nodded, still confused about something. "So have Avon and Camilo slept together? And how do you actually get pregnant? And what does abstinence have to do with anything?" 

Mirabel gritted her teeth into a smile. "You're just full of questions this morning, aren't you?" She couldn't be mad at her favourite cousin for asking questions. "How about we go outside to start chores and I'll explain it to you in an appropriate way?" She glanced at Pepa for permission. 

Pepa nodded with relief. 

Alma narrowed her eyes at Camilo and Avon—who were again sitting three inches closer than everyone else. 

"Stop looking at me," Camilo squirmed uncomfortably. "I didn't do nothing to nobody!" Alma continued to look at him. "I WASN'T EVEN IN MY OWN ROOM LAST NIGHT, OKAY?" 

Avon laid her head down on the table. 

"I'll just go...clear up these dishes," Julieta said quietly. 

"I'll help," Agustin said, standing up and running away so fast he nearly left a cloud of smoke behind him. 

Meanwhile, Dolores stood up as well, helping Mariano deal with his bloody nose. Isabella was apologizing, trying to offer plant remedies as they left. 

"So...if you weren't in your own room, where were you?" Alma asked suspiciously. "Were you with Avon?" 

"No," Mirabel said. "Avon was in my room all night, and Camilo didn't even show up once." 

Amelie smiled. "I thought I heard weird noises coming from Mirabel's room—but maybe Mira just slept through the whole thing." She was stirring up trouble on purpose, hoping that Alma would notice she was so much better for Camilo than Avon was. 

"Weird noises?" Felix gulped, staring at the glass like he wanted to drown himself in it. 

"Would you stop lying?" Avon hissed, standing up angrily. Green light surrounded her, bursting from her palms and spreading like fire along her arms. "No one was doing anything! Why are you making shit up?" 

Amelie tilted her head to the side in an innocent way. "I'm not making anything up. It seems like you're being really defensive. And I'm telling the truth, Camilo did leave the room—he wasn't there when I woke up." 

"Why did you get into his bed, though?" Pepa asked, sensing a couple of holes in the story. Her tone was accusatory, it was mostly questioning. "Did you not have the air mattress set up?" 

"I did," Amelie rubbed her neck, faking pain. "I just have this really bad ache in my neck—I got it all the time at home and it helps to sleep in a bigger bed. Camilo was really nice to offer to let me sleep in his bed with him after I told him the problem with my neck." 

"Camilo, is this true?" Pepa asked skeptically. 

"No," Camilo said indignantly. "She's making that up." 

"Why would I make something like that up?" Amelie asked, folding her arms. "it sort of seems like you and Avon are the ones making things up." 

"Would you just shut up for once?" The green light from Avon's hands was beginning to slide along the coffee table. 

"Ave," Camilo said quietly, placing a hand over hers. The green light ceased and retreated back into Avon's fists. 

"That's quite enough out of all of you," Alma said furiously. "Avon, control yourself and sit down. I don't know who's making up lies and who isn't anymore so all of you need to leave and get some work done while I help Dolores prepare for her wedding! I don't want to hear a peep out of any of you until the wedding is over, you hear me?" Alma turned to Amelie with a long sigh. "I don't blame you, Amelie. But this whole matter is out of my hands." 

Amelie nodded with a sweet expression on her face. 

It made Avon's blood boil. 

_

Amelie's giving me major Lila vibes, just saying...