I47I

At that point, Avon was ready to send Amelie flying off a cliff and blame it one one of Bruno's rats. She considered her options...she could probably play it off as an accident..one of the telenovelas gone wrong...or maybe—

"Avon," Camilo said loudly, breaking her out of her thoughts. He was standing just outside Casita, with a very worried expression on his face. "You look like you're planning a murder." 

"I am," Avon said unabashedly. "Three guesses." She clicked her tongue, shaking her head. "And Alma has the fucking audacity to go "I don't blame you, Amelie"." 

Camilo definitely didn't want to take sides, but he didn't really have a choice at this point. It was obvious who was in the wrong right now. 

"I know, I know, Amelie's a bitch," Camilo said quietly, stepping forwards. He placed his hands on Avon's shoulders, smiling slightly. "But let's not blow anyone up, yeah?" 

This seemed to work, as Avon calmed down slightly. She rolled her eyes, resting her forehead against his shoulder. "One week and then she's gone." 

"Unless she marries into the Madrigal family," Camilo said in a mocking tone. 

Avon punched him. 

"Ouch, too soon?" 

_

Amelie squealed excitedly as she pulled her hair up into a high ponytail. Several strands fell loose around the base of her neck, but she didn't care. 

Tomorrow was the day that her family would be arriving, including the chef Jamal. She was looking forward to seeing the proud looks on her parents' faces when her Mom and Dad realized she was slowly making her way into the Madrigal family. Camilo even seemed to like her. She couldn't wait to see the jealous look on his face when he saw how close she and Jamal were. 

(Oh god, I can't with this bitch, someone get rid of her I—) 

"Knock, knock," Mirabel's voice said from the doorway. Amelie looked up from the doorway, forcing a smile onto her face. 

"Oh, hi, Mirabel," Amelie said sweetly, twirling a strand of her hair. "How's it going?" 

"Don't play dumb with me, you little wannabe," Mirabel said dryly. "I see what you're doing with Camilo and these games are getting awfully boring." 

"I don't know what you mean?" Amelie raised her eyebrows. "I guess, I have a bit of a crush on Camilo is all..." 

"You know very fucking well that Camilo's dating Avon," Mirabel said with narrowed eyes. "It's not going to work, Emily. Get over yourself." 

"How do you know he doesn't like me back?" Amelie dropped the smile, a haughty expression forming on her pale features. "I think he was kinda flirting with me." 

"You're lying to yourself," Mirabel rolled her eyes, scoffing. "It's honestly quite pathetic. Either you straighten out, or I'll go straight to Abuela and tell her what you're up to." 

Amelie changed her tone to a sing-songy voice. "Well, Abuela likes me more than you.." 

"Do you think I give a fuck?" Mirabel rolled her eyes again. "No one asked, bitch." 

"MIrABEl!" Abuela's voice came from down the hallway. "I don't know where to start with you!" She stormed over, glaring at her granddaughter. "Go to your room right now and stay there!" 

Mirabel huffed to herself, not even bothering to respond as she slammed the door. 

"What's wrong with Mirabel?" Antonio quipped from beside Alma. "Is she okay?" 

"Mirabel's being a tad rude, Antonio," Amelie said calmly. "But it's fine, I'm sure she'll sort herself out." 

Antonio frowned. 

He was becoming increasingly suspicious of this girl who slept with his brother and called his favourite cousin annoying. Antonio wasn't sure what to make of her, but he promised himself that if one more strange thing happened, he would do something about it.