I11I

Third Person's POV

Avon caught Camilo staring at her for the third time that day. He hid his expression by shifting into three different people at once and changing the subject. Avon concealed her smile, scolding herself immediatley after. She and Camilo could never work, and it was self-torture to even think about it. 

"So...we go to see Mirable now?" Camilo asked, raising his eyebrows. His heart fluttered as Avon made eye-contact with him and he absent-mindedly brushed his lips with a finger, remembering their kiss. Even though it had only happened five minutes ago, he was already planning their entire future. See unlike Avon, Camilo didn't restrict himself from his emotions. 

"Yeah," Avon nodded, distractedly staring off to the left of his head. "Yeah. Mirabel. The prophecy. The Candle." She snapped her finger. "The prophecy--we also need to talk to Bruno." 

Camilo nodded. He grimaced. "Just a warning--Bruno doesn't really like me that much. We should probably bring Mirabel because she's his favourite." 

"What?" Avon's voice sounded just a tad too sarcastic. "Why would that be?" 

"Very funny," Camilo said dryly, smirking. "I might have sung a song about him...that didn't exactly describe him accurately." He tapped his foot. "Okay it was a complete lie, but in my defence, I hadn't seen him in 11 years. How was I supposed to know that he's 5'4, not 7 feet tall?" 

Avon laughed. "Wait, you sing?" 

"I said too much," Camilo started walking, leaving Avon to catch up with him for once. He minorly enjoyed watching her hurry to keep up with him. 

"So can I hear this song about Bruno?" 

"No," Camilo said firmly. "I'm  not going to sing it again, mi vida. I learned from the last time." He shook his head. "I mean, the rat part was true though..." 

The two of them walked to Mirabel's room, making sure to stay out of sight of Abuela at all costs. She still harboured a lot of hostility towards anyone of Temprestian descent. Part of it was predjudiced, Avon thought. She considered that Abuela might be right about some Temprestians, but she knew that she didn't want to do anything to hurt the Madrigals. Especially not Camilo. 

Camilo knocked on Mirablel's door. 

"Why doesn't she have a room with all the sparkly gold decorations?" Avon inquired. 

"She didn't get a gift," Camilo answered quickly. "But don't bring that up." 

"Noted." 

Mirabel answered the door. Her  hair was curly like Camilo's and she wore round green rimmed glasses on her face. Mirabel's eyebrows shot straight up when she saw her cousin, her eyes landing on Avon with minor confusion. 

"Camilo, oh dios mío, where the fuck have you been?" Mirabel looked at Avon. "Who's this? Your girlfriend?" 

"Yes," Camilo said smugly, wiggling his eyebrows. "this is Avon, she's my girlfriend." 

"No," Avon said, rolling her eyes. "I'm Avon and I'm not his girlfriend." Avon considered adding 'not yet', at the end of her sentance but thought that might get his hopes up too much. 

Camilo sighed. "Mi vida, you break my heart," He recovered quickly, grinning at Mirabel. "Can we come in?" 

Mirabel nodded, but then hesitated. "Can I just get confirmation from Avon that she's here under her own will?" 

Avon laughed, nodding. "Yeah, but Cami can be very convincing." 

Camilo nearly jumped at the nickname. True, it was mostly Dolores that called him that, but he liked it more when it came out of Avon's mouth. 

"That's very true," Mirabel said, swinging the door open. "Come in, guys." 

Camilo and Avon stood together awkwardly by the left wall, and Mirabel couldn't help but notice how close they seemed. Not just physically, but she sort of sensed that they had a deeper connection than what was visible on the surface. 

"We're here about the prophecy," Camilo said, slowly sitting down on Mirabel's bed. "Tio Bruno's new prophecy." 

"How did you know about that?" Mirabel asked curiously. 

"I heard something about it, at the market," Avon said, looking a bit sheepish. "I may have overehard something...But it's important because of--" 

"The Miracle," Camilo said, finishing her sentence. "Also, does the prophecy have something to do with me?" 

Mirabel nodded, her eyes widening with understanding. "Yes! Wait it actually makes sense now! If Avon's a part of it--" 

"I'm a part of the prophecy too?" 

Mirabel nodded excitedly, smiling mischeviously. "Actually you're very important to the prophecy, and Camilo." 

"What?" Avon raised her eyebrows, exchanging glances with Camilo, who winked. 

"Yeah," Mirabel laughed. "I hope you're okay with him being your--" 

"I don't think we need to get into details right now," Camilo said loudly, clapping his hands together. "No need to uh--spoil the suprise! Let's uh--go see Bruno?"