I29I

I kneeled down beside Camilo, helping him to his feet. He winced, shaking his arms out and cracking his knuckles. 

"Um, a little help here?" Dolores raised her eyebrows, hopping towards us. I untied her quickly, tossing the ropes to the sides. 

"Where's everyone else?" Camilo asked. "Are they okay?" 

"I think everyone's locked in their rooms," Dolores rubbed her wrists where the ropes had bit into them. "The candle's fading, I can feel it," She held her hand up to her ear, visibly straining. "Yeah, I can barely hear upstairs." 

Camilo frowned, quickly shifting into her, then back to himself. "I feel fine." He looked over at me. "My powers are still working.." 

Dolores gasped. "Your arms!" 

She was right, they were glowing brightly. More bright than ever before, and we weren't even touching. That sounded wrong. *coughs*, we weren't even making physical contact. Yep, that sounded worse. 

"Something's going on," I muttered to myself. "I think it has to do with the prophecy." I frowned. 

"The prophecy about us?" Camilo raised an eyebrow. "Does it have something to do with—now I'm going out on a limb, but what if we can combine our powers..?" 

Dolores sighed. "After everything that's happened, that seems like it's the most plausible." She took a deep breath, pulling a small knife out of the pocket in her dress. "So, I don't know if this will help against Mr. Invincible...but—" 

"Thanks, Lori," I said, taking it and placing it in my jeans pocket. 

He broke off as a loud crash came from the giant hole. 

"I don't think Blagden's quite done with us yet," Camilo muttered darkly. He turned to face the wall. 

Blagden's form was slowly emerging from the deep crevice in the ground. He'd made a huge impact on the ground, and cracks were starting to emerge. Similar to the cracks in the house that appeared when the magic was dying. 

He looked furious, hands literally glowing with red light as he paced towards us. 

"What's the plan?" Camilo asked nervously, leaning over. "Do we have one?" 

"I thought you had one," I admitted. "Should be easy enough, right? I mean he's only an extremely magical immortal being..." 

"Not to mention, he's your Dad," Camilo pointed out. 

"Yeah, huh, don't remind me." 

"Last chance!" Blagden bellowed, palms facing up as the red light intensified. "Come with me now, Avon, or die with the rest of the Madrigals!" 

"Pleasant, isn't he?" I commented quietly. "Is there a third option? One that involves you leaving and never coming back?" 

"Nice try," Blagden said, narrowing his eyes. "I shouldn't have even asked. I know what you've chosen. It's the wrong choice. You'll regret this, Avon." 

He thrust his palms down to the ground, causing a deep crack. The ground began to split apart, creating something of a cliff. The space below seemed to stretch forever. Let's just say, falling down there is not an option. 

I shot a burst of light at him, nearly knocking Blagden backwards. Unfortunately, his powers were exactly like mine but ten times stronger. A single blast from him sent Camilo and I flying through the air towards him. Closer to the crack. 

"HE'S TOO STRONG!" Camilo yelled over a strong wind that was beginning to pick up. Dolores had disappeared out of sight, hopefully to rescue the others. It was just the two of us..against the storm. Wait. Against the storm. The prophecy. 

If I remembered right we were going to win the battle. 

We just had to fight back. 

"CAMILO, DO YOU TRUST ME?" I shouted. 

"MAYBE?" 

I reached out taking his hand in mine. Immediately, the light in my other hand glowed brighter. The Soulmarks began to shine, cutting through the growing storm. 

"Raise your arm!" I said loudly. 

"WHAT?" 

"RAISE YOUR ARMS!" 

Camilo complied, copying me. The light grew brighter, bursts of green energy shooting towards Blagden. Camilo's eyes were wide with shock as light shot out of his hands as well. 

Blagden reeled backwards, nearly tripping. 

"KEEP GOING!" 

Two more minutes past, and I could feel my powers ebbing. My feet began to slip on the ground, pulling me closer to the edge of the cliff. 

A single blast from Blagden's hands shot me right in the shoulder. I let go of Camilo's hand, my feet scrambling at nothing before I slid off the cliff. 

I screamed, catching the ledge with one of my hands. 

"AVON!" Camilo grabbed my other hand, leaning forwards. The wind blew his curly hair back as he gasped for breath. "Don't let go! Whatever you do, don't let go!" 

Blagden laughed from the other side of the pit. He held his hands aloft, ready to deliver the final blow. 

But there was one last thing I could try. 

I reached down with my hand that wasn't holding Camilo's, pulling the knife out of my pocket. I saw my reflection in the silvery glint for a split second before I looked up at Camilo. 

"I love you." 

And then let go, using my powers to control the knife. It slammed into Blagden's chest with dead accuracy. Panic reflected on his face for a brief moment before he pitched forward, falling into the depth. 

He was gone for good. 

And so was I. 

_

Or is she?