"Why did you not come to me? Regulus, all this time I thought you were dead." Sirius says. 

"I didn't think you wanted to see me. I thought you hated me." 

"I could never hate you. You're my brother, I care about you. You could've come and stayed with me and Y/n instead of whatever you've been doing all this time." 

"I'd usually find some kind person who likes cats, stay with them in my cat form for a while, and then run off," Regulus shrugs. "But I am sorry Sirius. I- I should've told you that I'm still alive, and I shouldn't've avoided you all this time." 

"But wait, why were you here at Hogwarts?" I ask him. 

"I heard about everything Pettigrew did to you guys - I didn't even know he was a Deatheater, I swear that if I did I would've warned you guys - and I heard he was here, so I was trying to find him and kill him." 

"Have you had any luck finding him?" Remus asks. 

"No, I thought I caught him once, but it seemed it was actually just some random kid's rat, luckily I hadn't killed it yet, but I still feel bad." 

"Well, what-" Sirius begins to speak but stops once we hear the door open. 

"Mr Lupin, I was just-" McGonagall enters the room, and stops talking once she sees us all sitting here. 

The room goes uncomfortably silent as McGonagall's eyes dart between us. Suddenly it's like we're fifteen years old again and got caught sneaking around the school late at night. 

"Sup Professor." Sirius says cheerfully and I lightly kick his leg, silently telling him to shut up. 

"Do I even want to know what's going on here?" She asks, walking over to Remus' desk and placing down whatever papers she was holding. 

"Considering that it's illegal on multiple levels, probably not." Sirius answers. Remus just sighs. 

"I can explain," Regulus speaks up. "I'm an unregistered animagus, and I'm here to kill Peter Pettigrew." 

"Mr Black-" 

"I remember when I was the only 'Mr Black' in your life," Sirius jokes. "I feel betrayed, Minnie. Betrayed." 

"Sirius-" I start. 

"Fine, I'll shut up." 

McGonagall takes a deep breath. "I assure you, the dementors are looking for Pettigrew, there is no need for any of you to step in." 

"You are right Minnie," Sirius says. "So, we will leave and you'll totally definitely never see us here again." 

McGonagall just sighs and leaves the room. 

"See, that's how you do it, just say stupid shit until she gives up and leaves." Sirius says and I roll my eyes. 

"It's getting quite late, we should head home." I say. 

"Right, yeah, we should." Sirius nods, grabbing hold of Regulus' arm. 

"Sirius, I'm not going to run away." He says, rolling his eyes. 

"Well, I don't trust that you wont, so I'm not letting go of you." 

"You know he could just turn into a cat and run away, right?" I point out. 

"I hate you all." Sirius grumbles, letting go of Regulus' arm. 

"Come on," I say, grabbing Sirius' hand. "Bye Remus. We'll probably see you soon." 

"Yeah, probably," Remus says. "Bye." 

Sirius, Regulus and I get into the fireplace and floo home. 

I head upstairs to my bedroom to give the brothers time to catch up. This whole situation is so weird. 

A few hours later, Sirius comes and flops down in bed beside me. 

"Is everything alright?" I ask softly as he cuddles into me. 

"Today has been a lot," He whispers. "I need hugs." 

"Okay." I say, pressing a small kiss to the top of his head and wrapping my arms around him. 

I frown when I notice him start crying. 

"Sirius, talk to me." I say softly, running my hand through his hair. 

"It's just, this whole time I thought- I thought that he was dead. And now he's back and I don't know what to do. I mean, it's been years, and he's been alive all this time and he never thought to just pop in and be like 'oh hey, I'm still alive by the way.' This whole time I was mourning his death and it was all fake." 

"I know, this is all a lot to deal with. But I think that what you should do is be there for your brother," I say. "He's been through a lot, he needs you right now, even if you want to punch him for faking his death." 

Sirius nods, sighing slightly. 

"I'm so scared that I'm going to wake up tomorrow and this will all have been a dream." He admits quietly. 

"I could slap you, that way you'll know if it's a dream or not." I jokingly offer. He lifts his head to glare at me. 

"You're mean." He mumbles, though I see a small smile appear on his face before he hides his head in my neck. 

"I know, now go to sleep. I love you." 

"I love you too." 

The next morning, I wake up before Sirius does and slip out of bed to go make breakfast. 

As I'm making food, I hear the sound of footsteps. I turn around, expecting it to be Sirius, but am instead greeted by Regulus standing in the doorway. 

"Good morning." I say before returning my attention to the food. 

"Morning." He responds quietly. 

A few moments pass and I notice he's still standing awkwardly in the doorway. 

"You can sit down." I say softly, motioning towards the table. 

"R-right, sorry." He says quickly before going and siting down. 

"You don't need to apologise," I say, dishing out the food. "Are you alright?" 

"Yeah, I'm just awkward." 

"I get that, I am also awkward as hell," I place a plate of breakfast down in front of him before also sitting down at the table. "So, since we're both awkward, this is going to be an uncomfortable breakfast until Sirius gets his ass out of bed." 

"Yep." 

And so we sit in an awkward silence until Sirius comes into the kitchen, grabbing himself some breakfast and joining us at the table. 

Sirius does manage to start a few small conversations, but it's still rather awkward. It's seemingly kinda difficult to talk to someone who you thought was dead for fourteen years. 

"Thank you for letting me stay here," Regulus says quietly, breaking the silence that had washed over the three of us. "But I should find somewhere else to stay." 

"What? No." Sirius exclaims. 

"You guys have kids, you don't need me staying here too." 

"We let Remus stay here, why not you too." 

"Sirius-" 

"Reggie, I refuse to let you go again," Sirius says. "You are not going anywhere. Look, Remus is going to be teaching at Hogwarts for a while, so you can stay in his room, I'm sure he wont mind, none of his stuff is even in there." 

"It doesn't feel right to take his room." Regulus argues. 

"You're staying whether you like it or not." Sirius says stubbornly. 

"Fine." Regulus sighs, giving in. 

I see Sirius smile slightly. He may be being an annoying ass right now, but it comes from a place of love. He just doesn't want Regulus to leave because he has missed him all these years. 

It's really nice that he's back.