72. Falling skies

The sky broke

The sky broke.

Or was the world suddenly ending. All crystal chandeliers were exploding above the squealing crowd when the huge door fell off its frames revealing a dark shape.

Taehyung let go off him when that tall man who had come in jumped through the room like lightning falling to Jimin's side, lifting him up like a feather pushing his knee into his back, so he coughed awfully seeing the golden pill flying out of his mouth hitting the floor to splash on it.

"Jimin! Jimin are you... have you swallowed it!" The voice he thought he will never ever hear again sounded and his legs bent in front of him, but Jungkook caught him into his arms taking his jacket off to cover him with it.

The world swimming in his head as he should have been dead now.

"Super alpha, how dare you to disturb my son's mating ceremony! We had a pact!" Namjoon jumped towards them but Jungkook suddenly gave Jimin to someone and he felt arms tightly closing around him, a calming scent of strawberries and coffee, then chocolate and sunset surrounding him.

He cuddled into Jin, when Hoseok was holding Jungkook's jacket around him protectively, the scent of blue moonlight and neck kisses present on it like healing and heartbreak.

There was a growl, so he opened one eye to see the super alpha fighting with the werewolf king, both ringing, punching hard, trying to get to each other's throats till Jungkook's stone hands closed around the other alpha's neck and a cascade of Namjoon's blood stained the marble floor. Taehyung screamed, he suddenly shifted jumping into the stunned crowd then fell out off a window that smashed into millions of pieces. The shreds spreading, the royalty soldiers nearing, the crowd thickening around the stage, but Jungkook washed the blood off his hands lifting his head to clear his throat.

"I am not worthy to become your king and I have always done everything to escape that burden," his voice clear yet filled with regret. "But it is my fate, so I will take it and I will mate Park Jimin. Everyone who will dear to come to my house in the attempt to claim the super omega will be killed without mercy," he turned from the crowd walking their way so Jimin hid his face in the crack of Jin's neck.

"Please Jin, take me from here. I don't want him to ever touch me again," he whispered.

"I'm taking him," he heard Jungkook's voice now all soft, not dominant and scary.

"We're good, we will take him to your house," whispered Hoseok.

"I will take him home," Jungkook's tone changed.

"Please," begged Jimin looking at Jin, but his best friend blushed giving him over to Jungkook who lifted him gently then carried out between the stepping away crowd.

His moonlight scent still mixed with the smell of Namjoon's blood and Jimin regretted he hasn't got any more poisonous pill to swallow and end this hell.

Was being in Jungkook's arms suddenly worse then feeling Taehyung's cold fangs against his scent glade, but they reached the car and he was softly tugged into the passenger's seat.
The other door banged, the engine sounded, so he turned as far away from Jungkook as was possible in that limited space, surviving against all odds as there was nothing else to do.

"Jimin. Are you hurt? Please speak to me. I am so sorry," Jungkook's voice cracked but he covered his ears from that voice.

The car engine the only sound, the ride taking ages, forever for sure till they finally stopped and he was sitting there frozen waiting till Jungkook lifted him then carried into the villa through long corridors into his room then placed him on the bed sitting down on the mattress next to him.

"Jimin, please say something."

The omega shivered using the jacket to cover his face.

"Jimin! Mr. Jeon," an out of breath Yoongi fell into the room. "Mr. Jeon I have called a doctor he's on his way here. I will stay with Jimin until he comes, I think you should give him space now."

Jungkook growled jumping from the bed definitely shifting.

"Yoongi, I don't want to talk to him or see him," whispered Jimin from underneath the jacket.

There was another angry growl, a second later the door was slammed shut with impact.

"He left," Yoongi sighed taking Jungkook's empty place on the mattress. "Has he made it in time?"

Jimin shrugged lifting the jacket a bit to look at the tired alpha.

"I have chosen to die, but of course he had to show up."

"So Taehyung didn't manage to mate you?"

He shook his head a few tears leaving along his cheeks.

"Life sucks, I know, but at last he has come," Yoongi shook his head.

"Why?"

"I have told him you wanted to take your life and he went nuts, took the car then left to save you."

"Why?" Repeated Jimin bitterly.

"I guess the answer is simple," Yoongi took his palm caressing it.

There was a light knock at the door and they glanced up to see Jungkook who blushed horribly.

"Someone came to see you and um... I brought you fresh clothes the warmest and most comfortable I could find. Here is a towel, a toothbrush and underwear. I hope you'll feel better after a nice bath and... um... guess one omega can help you if you're feeling too weak... I mean... I'll shut up," Jungkook's cheeks were burning when he placed all the things he had brought on the duvet. "I'll be going... you can um... come in," he muttered towards the door that opened further and Jin slipped inside closely followed by Hoseok.

 come in," he muttered towards the door that opened further and Jin slipped inside closely followed by Hoseok

Thank you so much for your support, even through the sad and depressing chapters. What do you think about Jungkook coming to rescue Jimin? What will Jimin do now?

Also Happy New Year 🥳 I wish you all the best and I hope it will be a good one.

Much <3