66. Prison

The huge gate opened to let him out then sealed when Jimin fell on the gravel of the driveway screaming from pain

It couldn't have happened. No. It's just a nightmare he will wake up from, but how hard he was pinching his skin he was still here, stuck in the most horrifying prison he has ever been in.

"Park, get up, I'll show you to your room," he heard Taehyung's satisfied tone.

The world spun dangerously again, it was as if reality was trying to break his skull. He needed all strength left in his body to get up, but the mixture of those two scents - dried lavender with tequila and lilies with poison were shuttering him completely.

He was stumbling like drunk past Namjoon into that cursed palace, along some corridors and stairs behind Taehyung, who fortunately once in his life kept quiet.
The alpha reached a door at the end of a corridor opening it when Jimin took support of a wall glancing inside to spot a posh bedroom with a huge king size bed and a golden canopy which sight twisted his body in such way he was sure he will die.

Taehyung threw his backpack on the bed turning to him catching his gaze.

"Park, the official mating ceremony is in three weeks from today so prepare mentally. I won't touch you until then. I'm not a fan of touching you more than absolutely necessary, but I need Vanish and Sweet Night asap, so get a grip and brew it. The room over there is a laboratory you will from now on work in. You want anything, you ask the guards or your personal servants, understood."

Jimin nodded cuddling more into the wall, biting his lip to surpass the tears.

"Ah, and don't even bother to ask about leaving from here, that's not going to happen. I'm expecting the drugs today," Taehyung passed him leaving down the corridor whistling to himself when Jimin fell into the room then locked the door and crouched down on the floor shivering madly. Was his life over for real? Has Jungkook faked it all, has he never meant it? How could he do it to him? How? The sight of Jungkook kneeling above that body of a human girl holding her heart came back so vividly with his desperate question.

"She had a heart, but you never had one," whispered Jimin feeling new warm tears rolling down his face.

A week flew by, like an eye blink, each day the same, all merging into one. Just insane pain and static in Jimin's heart and mind, it seemed he was so broken he became numb to any feeling. The second week rolled by, he was getting up early as he was suffering under severe insomnia anyway, brewing the drugs and poisons the royalty needed, then closing himself in the room to stare into walls and listen to the silence. Each day there was a list of orders for most forbidden and horrible substances on his door, yet he ignored and really never cared anymore what royalty was using them for, he was only eating as much as was needed to survive, diving in that despair, as in less then ten days he was supposed to be mated to his biggest enemy.

Was there any reason to stay alive at all, he wondered, returning to the room as evening was falling and he has finished brewing Unfogeting, a very nasty and super complicated poison, that was breaking the mind of the victim making the person to go through all the worst memories in their lives, until they were diving into madness, but there was Taehyung standing in front of his door.

Jimin sighed tugging the hoodie, that actually belonged to Jungkook, but was the only thing he was able wearing, as it was giving him an illusion of some protection, tighter over himself.

"Hi," muttered Taehyung.

"What Kim?" Jimin decided to make it as quick as possible, especially as he was suffering under his heat since two days, but that time it was barely giving him symptoms, his broken and bleeding soul making it unable for his body to even feel aroused.

"Park, you smell like omega heat," muttered Taehyung scrunching his nose.

"Does it bother you?" Jimin crossed his arms.

"Anyway, tomorrow night is my royal ball, I want you to look presentable and smile. My guests must see that you're the happiest omega because you soon will be mated to the royalty prince."

"Don't forget to put on your smile yourself," Jimin opened his door but Taehyung put his foot in between.

"Dad wants it to look good, not like some forced mating or anything," wrinkles appeared on Taehyung forehead.

"You're so pitiful, I'd pity you, but I don't. You deserve it asshole," Jimin kept Taehyung's stare, the alpha hissing and uncovering his fangs, but he didn't care the slightest.

Maybe a part of him wished to provoke Taehyung so badly that he would kill him.

"You still have the nerve to insult me Park, you're something," Taehyung's eyes were glowing red.

"Don't forget to call me mate tomorrow," he wanted to get into the room but Taehyung stopped him by slamming the door shut.

"You will behave at the ball, understood Park?"

"I can behave, but only under one condition. You will invite Jin and his daughters to the ball."

"What?"

"I thought the pact between the super alpha and the royalty says all my wishes should be granted and I want to see my best friend one last time," Jimin's voice was calm even though his insides were burning in fear and pain.

"Ok, I will invite the coffee stinky omega and his slimy pups," hissed Taehyung. "But you behave Park and show me your best attitude."

"Deal," said Jimin looking at Taehyung, who finally stepped from the door.

"By the way, I've heard rumors that the super alpha has started his rut last night, guess what he had done," a mean grin crossed Taehyung's face when Jimin's heart began to pound and he fell into the room locking the door firmly, leaning against a wall, trembling as if Jungkook has done what he thought he did, it meant his heart will be shattered into millions of pieces once again.

I will die, thought Jimin closing his eyes.

Thank you so much for all the feedback. I know the last chapter has been very difficult and it was one of the hardest choices I had to make for this book. But that's the struggle of being an author.

So what do you think about the place Jimin is in now and how he's dealing with it? What will happen during Taehyung's ball?

Also thank you so much for over 200K reads, you are the best💜

Much <3