70. Lunar fireflies

Jimin's trembling hand touched the grave stone his breath uneven, his heart suddenly weak, because of the man who has betrayed him

A shrill whistle like sound rang the night and the soldiers turned raising their guns when Jimin suddenly jumped forward breaking out into a sprint, falling between the nearest bushes ignoring the branches leaving painful cuts on his arms and face, but he was running using all his werewolf strength to escape the chase until a hand grabbed him tearing him behind a huge tree.

"Jimin."

He looked up to meet Yoongi's troubled eyes and he fell onto the alpha hugging him tightly shivering in his arms.

Yoongi sighed suddenly pulling one of his hair strings out then closed it in a drone that immediately set off between the bushes. Jimin's heart beating loudly when he heard the chase following it, lured in by his scent, and then it hit him, Yoongi today had been completely scentless.

"Do you have it?" Asked Jimin his voice cracking.

"Here, the box sealing it removes its smell, so Taehyung will never know," Yoongi's jaw trembled when he pressed a tiny sealed box into his palm. "But Jimin, please promise me one thing. Use it only then when there will be absolutely no more hope left."

"Yoongi I... I will not mate Taehyung, and there's no hope so I chose death," Jimin was surprised by how calm he is.

"I know, but promise me you will only take that way when there will be absolutely no hope left," repeated Yoongi seriously.

"Ok, I promise," Jimin sighed.

It meant he will not end it all tonight, but suffer for longer, maybe even into the mating ceremony tomorrow as a part of him, that stupid naive part of him, still hoped that...
A tear left his eye and Yoongi caressed it off with his thumb.

"When I'm gone please have an eye on Jin and the girls and... take good care of him, ok," he suddenly sobbed hugging the petite alpha again.

"Jimin, if I could change his heart I would do anything... I will always take care of him, I'm bound to it," Yoongi looked at the chain like bracelet.

"This," Jimin touched it with his trembling palms.

"It's my fate, it seals my mission so I can never leave his side, it can only break when he closes his fangs around someone's neck and puts a mating mark on him. In this particular moment my mission is over and I'm free, free to go out into the world and look for my mate, but until then..." Yoongi lowered his head with sadness.

"I wish it would have worked out for you," whispered Jimin.

"Me too," the alpha sighed taking a phial filled with glittering golden-violet liquid out handing to him. "Here, I had collected Lunar Fireflies' venom for you. Take care..."

"Goodbye Yoongi, you are my dearest friend, my family," whispered Jimin hugging the alpha one last time. "Take good care of him and tell this idiot that I still love him," he even chuckled at his own stupidity, but there were voices approaching so he let go when Yoongi moved deeper into the shadow of the trees and Jimin hid the box with the poison then stayed still waiting until the soldiers surrendered him aiming the guns at his head.