41. Werewolf mythology

'Werewolf Mythology, by Gideon Kim'

Of course he knew them all, reading them several times, from hearing them as a child, to studying them at school, then finding them again in a completely new way as an adult.
Maybe I'll read a bit waiting for him to wake up, thought Jimin taking the book downstairs then sitting cross legged on the floor with his back leaned against the couch Jungkook was resting on.
That tired mind of his, going on without sleep for over three days now still able to function properly when he flipped the yellow pages opening on that one story called - "In the blue moonlight. Princess Luna and the beast."

Luna has never ever seen daylight. The king of royalty had the most beautiful daughter born during a blood red moon, so everyone was predicting her fate will be tangled with the most feared creature on Earth. The king wished to keep her safe from all harm closing her into a chamber in the dungeon, never ever allowing her out so no one could see her.
In times of king Kim 5th Taejin, the first ever beast was born, bringing the country into an uproar as its never fulfilled blood lust was plundering villages after villages threatening to soon enter the capital. King Taejin was sending out his best men, trained to kill from young years, the feared Sinas soldiers against the mythical monster, but none has ever returned.

It is said that seven thousand of the king's bravest worriers have been torn into pieces then eaten alive by the beast during one full moon night only, so king Taejin ordered an army of Shifters, full body wolves out of legends to find and kill the beast.

Princess Luna has been unaware of any misery troubling her kingdom, too lost in her own sorrow of being a prisoner in her father's palace, sharing her tears to her most loyal maiden Matylde only, begging her to tell stories about the outside world, so she could at last image how it felt like to walk along sun filled meadows and scent colorful flowers. Those stories were making Luna's heart ache more and more with each day, so she was worrying her father and mother with that constant sadness she was in.

It was close to the full moon when Luna had begged Matylde to borrow her her clothes and go out at least one time in her life to see those beautiful things she has heard off. The maiden had stayed in the dungeon when the princess left the palace through the main gate unable to believe her eyes, going further and further, lying in the grass and watching clouds, jumping over a meadow, tangling flowers into her blonde hair until she stopped at a river to see a thick forest on the other side.

The time she has made up with Matylde to return was running out yet she wanted to touch the clear water in the stream at last once, so she leaned over it to see a person mirroring in the surface on the other side.

It was a man, with a face so handsome she has never seen a similar one.

"Who are you?" Asked princess Luna becoming all scared, no one should see her outside especially not a total stranger, with dark burgundy eyes of a pure blood alpha. The wind breeze came though carrying his scent towards her and her eyes widened in fear, as she could sense, that those notes of blue moonlight has been destined for her before she has been created.