👑Hurt | II👑

"You're just a servant!"

A remark he has yet to believe he heard. Running in his mind as light rain has been poured.

Something ever so staggering, it all felt so easy yet impossible to understand.

"Has she always thought that way of me?"

Lifting his hand to take a look at the footage he recently took, it brought him back to everything that has happened.

"Just..."

The grip on his device tightening.

"What was I trying to do?"

.............

....

..

"All I wanted was for her to not get hurt"

Never once has he ever lied to himself. Having to always recognized the happiness Mamoru would bring to Momoko's life.

He knew it so well, he immediately realized how such excitement and joy could turn into incredible pain and sadness.

Her proneness to hurt.

All it takes is one mistake.

And that mistake being her lover's carelessness.

His earlier attempt, wishing to withhold Mamoru's betrayal as a secret. Then again, perhaps there was no other way to begin with.

Even if he were to succeed, she would never be able to escape hurt. Having to suddenly cut ties with someone she's currently fond of. She'd feel loss.

His pathetically desperate intention of keeping her away from him as a whole. Trying his best to cover her eyes from ever learning his disloyalty.

But just what did he expect?

How could it ever be so simplistic? Did he really think she'd listen to him just like that?

In the end, the only way to protect her from hurting was to never allow her with Mamoru in the first place.

But that was beyond his power.

Thus now, he could visualize her current position.

Her who must be running in the rain. Towards that park. Hoping to see her unfaithful lover there.

"And what' will she do if he really is still there?"

"Confront him?"

"Forgive him?"

"Play dumb?"

The questions he had in mind.

He utterly found it insanely useless for her to persevere her relationship, being given the unveiled truth. The hideous reality.

But some part of him could understand why she's that way.

How much she valued their relationship.

For it to bring utmost joy.

And that joy he tried to protect.

The feeling of hurt he was trying to forestall.

But failed ridiculously.

Thinking of how she's now running back to that jerk, about to get even more hurt.

He had to scoff at himself.