👑Tired👑

"We will be attending another one of our parents' special events. Let's do our best, girls!"

In truth, she certainly wasn't an irrational girl. If anything, she should've been the most sensible out of the three.

Tonight however, it was impossible for her to remain stoic.

Her sister's enthusiasm continued to echo in mind as if her thoughts weren't crowded enough.

Drifting futher away from her obligations, a rare event her negligent parents would invite her to, an easy task she should've been so careful of fulfilling, the only thing she could do for them now.

If her father heard that she abandoned her partner that night, it's not difficult to imagine the consequences. How disappointing she'd be.

She knew this isn't proper. She knew being sentimental could be selfish and unwise. She knew she'd never have a reasonable excuse for such immature decisions. Straying from the blueprints that have been well anticipated.

She knew she wasn't doing her best.

But set aside such awareness, she didn't care. For once, she just wanted to zone out. She can't carry on this way.

Away from him, her steps brought her to the back area of the grand building. Cold and dark. Quiet it was.

Coming to a slow stop, sounds of the grass was heard as she took steps above them, nearing the building's external wall before leaning against it helplessly.
Leaning before slowly descending to sit, hugging both her knees close by.

Her mind asking repeatedly.

"Why did I think of him...?"

The same question that popped up minutes ago before her abrupt fleeing, leaving her partner that night. The unexpected reunion she didn't close properly.

Indeed it was a love confession she received from him. And indeed she didn't feel the same. Being straightforward, she should've easily handled that situation.

But being straightforward is also what brought her to such a puzzled state.

Alone that night, she couldn't care about anything else. Only one circulated in mind.

One that has always been there. But now it has reached its peak.

The surprisingly questionable glimpse of another she caught earlier. How the person in front suddenly shifted into someone else. For a split second, her vision was unfitting with reality.

She hallucinated.

Sitting alone that cold night, there's no such thing as running away for no reason. And this reason that had her hallucinating.

"That was a love confession, wasn't it? What does he have to do with it? Is it the situation? It was quite similar"

Alone she tried to theorize. Something that has happened numerous times before.

"Or is it because it was a confession? His choice of words, reminded me of him?"

"Was it his voice? His face? But they don't sound nor look similar. What is it then?"

Thinking deeply, she hugged her legs tighter.

"Why did I remember him...?"

The calm and cold night, minor cricket sounds around but none in sight, her mind and heart however, couldn't be as peaceful.

As she sat on the soft grass, her back was helplessly leaned against the wall behind, her then furrowed brows eventually weakened.