👑Only You👑

"Isn't she pretty?"

Days after the soiree, things carried on quite normally for the girls.

Miyako delightfully volunteer to accompany her young butler on his shift. Sitting on an available garden chair, she talked as Itsuki watered plants.

Looking over his shoulder, he saw the item she recently referred to.

A tiny keychain hung on her index finger. A rabbit plush in a simple dress swayed slowly as she observed it with adoration.

That rabbit keychain wasn't something new to his sight.

It was indeed reminiscent to a surreptitious memory that unavoidably resuscitated within.

3 days prior the soiree

"A local giftshop?"

Taiga had to question the store of Itsuki's choice. "Yup" Thus the blonde boy confidently confirmed.

Though Itsuki's certainty was obvious, Taiga didn't trust him much. Reluctance written upon his face even as they sought to enter the small establishment.

A jingle was heard when they did.

As they browsed through the displayed knick-knacks, he spat out another question "Is she really fond of such cheap possessions?"

"You know how I can afford, right? It's just a small gift, after all" He continued to say. "Let us buy her a fine accessory instead"

Itsuki just patiently listened whilst looking around. Certainly, he had no intentions in reasoning with him just yet.

"Here"

Instead, he handed a cute yet simple rabbit plush keychain.

Having the small object placed in his hands, all Taiga did was blink twice.

"This? Are you serious?" He then raised it slightly, contemptuously glaring as it dangled. "This thing is exceedingly ubiquitous, why would she find this remarkable?"

"Just buy it" Itsuki sighed tiredly. "I'll explain later"

Although Taiga profusely disagreed, he tried to consider Itsuki's suggestion and bought it with force.

"Thank you!" Thus the clerk joyfully thanked as they walked out.

"May I now have an explanation?" Taiga peremptorily demanded, his scornful glares accentuated at the now simply wrapped keychain.

"And why must it be wrapped? Why not a high quality hard box?"

Apparently not just the gift he disliked, but the packaging also.

"Alright, are you done complaining?" Itsuki asked with yet another sigh. "First of all, it's not the gift that counts. It's the thought"

Such cliché quote thrown at him, Taiga had to defend himself. "But I'm also trying to prove something here!" He claimed.

"Gifting something expensive doesn't prove anything"

"!"

But a brief argument was enough to silence him immediately. His arrogance humbled by such an abrupt remark, slight shock overthrowing his grumpiness.

"If you wish to prove wealth, I'm sure she knows that. But the items you wanted to gift her are actually the kind she has plenty of"

The point he was trying to understand from another perspective. A humble servant elegantly guiding him to impress a special little lady.