Barbatos❤(Back to me)

Part two of "Smile for me"

This is not fit for some readers as this mentions depression, suicidal thoughts/ attempt, and death.

The reader and Barbatos meet thousands of years after the reader's death. They meet again because of the exchange program.

(This was requested, not sure if this is what you wanted but I tried. this also has a few flashbacks, parts not centered are the flashbacks, the reader gets their memory back from a young age each time they are reincarnated. This is not accurate to the Obey Me! Story line. Since I have no idea how old Barbatos really is)

|
|
|
|

It hadn't been his intention, in the beginning, to care so much for a human, but fate always works in mysterious ways. Something he would never fully understand even if he was a demon who controlled time. It has been a few hours since everything fell apart and he hadn't left the human realm, knowing he would have to come up with a reason why he wasn't there for such a long time.

He stares blankly out into the green field before him, shade from the cherry blossom tree drowns him out from the intense pressure of the sun. His back resting against said tree as he lets out a loud sigh, eyes closing as they burn from past tears that he had shed. His eyes soon looked over to the disturbed ground and the semi-large stone that was resting just above the dirt.

"I suppose this was always meant to happen. Humans die and live much shorter than demons or angels" he speaks to them as if they could hear him, he imagined them sitting next to him as they listened to him ramble on. "I just didn't think it would be this hard to let one go" he whimpers out softly under his breath. Not meaning to sound so pathetic but his emotions were fighting against each other. His chin resting on his forearm as he presses his knees closer to his chest. He knew that he would have to leave soon but he was now terrified of leaving them alone. He pushes himself up from the ground, his vision slightly blurred still. "I'll see you soon, (Y/N)" and with that he begins to walk away, not knowing that this would be one of the last times he would visit...

Shaky breaths leave his lips as he clutches a sharp object in his quivering hands. Tears freely falling down his face as he kneels on the ground of his room. He had spent weeks trying to find a way to change time, bring them back. He couldn't find a lifeline of theirs that made it past that day. Even if he had never met them the day that he did because both of their fates were twisted together and they would always meet. And he would fall in love with them. They would always die the same way on the same day.

He never understood why they had been tied together like that. He had wondered if he had never existed would they still be alive. Would they find someone else and be with them the same way they had been?

The room falls into further darkness as the moon becomes covered with clouds, it had always been night in the Devildom but it had its bright time. But tonight it was different. It was a night drowned in complete and utter darkness that not even the lights below in the town would penetrate the darkness.

Just as he catches his breath and as he is about to plunge the dagger into his chest. The door opens to reveal the taller figure of Diavolo who stares down at the demon with widened and shocked eyes.

"My lord, what are you doing?" Barbatos speaks out with a broken voice, not making much sense of the situation that he was a part of. His hands loosen and the dagger falls from his hands and onto the floor with a loud clattering noise.