Belphegor❤(I Hate You)

Belphegor comes to terms about how he feels for the reader, wanting to tell them that he is in love with them, but soon realizes their manipulative character and ends up confronting them. (belphegor is a demon who smokes)
|
|
|
|
(No ones Pov) 

A cigarette is pressed to the demon's lips as he eyes the human with intense hatred, but the human didn't seem to notice as they send him a smile full of innocence that pissed him off more than he could say. A smile that would have made him fall hard for them if he hadn't already known who they were. 

“What did you bring me here to talk about?” they ask in a voice laced with sweetness that would’ve made his heart flutter before everything happened, but they took something away from him, used someone that he cared for as a pawn in their game. It was something he could never forgive them for. With a loud huff smoke slips past his lips as he drops the small stick and steps on it to stop it from burning. 

“Originally this was meant to be a confession, but everythings changed” he mutters turning to face them, they had a look of confusion in their eyes as they looked back at him. 

“What are you talking about? What changed?” their voice gets lower as they speak, making him feel more annoyed as they continue on with acting as if they knew nothing, acting like they did nothing. 

“I once cared deeply for you, but you humans are all the same, possibly you are worse then all of them”  he mutters letting out another sigh when he sees their smile fall, “you hurt someone I am close to, its something I can’t put by” he pushes his hands into his pockets, looking up at the sky for a few seconds. 

“He had it coming,” they snap slamming their hands against the demon's shoulders causing him to stumble at the sudden impact, a growl leaving his lips as he grabs both of their wrists keeping them both at a distance. 

“You can try to deny it all you want, but it was your fault what happened.” he snaps pushing them backward letting them stumble and try to not fall but they land on their back looking at him with a disgusted look. “You’re the reason Beel is locked up now, I wonder if your lies really make you happy?” he bends down looking at them with a bored expression. 

“I’m not lying! He tried to hurt me and I spoke out about it!” they shout, making the demon sigh, reaching into his pocket for another cigarette and his lighter, pressing the white stick to his lips and his finger pressing against the lighter causing it to make a small fire. He chuckles as he huffs taking a large breath. 

“You really are so full of yourself, so egotistical and narcissistic it's becoming a real headache” he sighs rubbing his hand on his forehead as to stop the growing pain he was feeling. He only seems to grow more annoyed just by them breathing. “At one point I found myself helplessly in love with you, but now I look back and see I was falling for the constant mask you would wear around us, I realized we all seemed to be chained on the idea of you” he pushes himself up as he watches something flash in their eyes, something he couldnt put his finger on as they bite their lip. 

“You don’t understand, I do ca-” they begin only to be stopped by the demon's foot coming into contact with their side tapping them slightly making them flinch

“There you go, lying again, of course no one knows you, the real you any way and at this moment I don't think any of us want to" a loud sound of thunder breaks the tense atmosphere but it doesn't stop either of them from glaring at each other. “This was meant to be quick but I won't tell you again” he grabs the collar of their shirt pulling them upwards being closer to them than he wanted to be. He knows at one point this would have made his heart race, he would’ve stared at them with intense interest, some part of him wishing he still had just not for them. But because of them he no longer holds any hope for the humans. “Tell them you lied, get him free” 

“Or what?” they smirk grabbing at the skin of his hand, their nails digging until a small amount of blood was coming from each scratch. 

“This really isn't something you can win, at this moment I have nothing to lose and I can kill you here and now” 

“I hate you so much Belphegor” they growl, causing the demon to laugh as he narrows his eyes at them, the cigarette slipping past his lips as it falls to the ground next to both of them. 

“They would’ve hurt a while back, but now it only makes me happy to hear you say that”